Strategy/Puzzle Mix Game. 2 Players, download ca. 2006

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
TobeyMaguire

Post by TobeyMaguire »

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a strategy/puzzle game which I downloaded around 2006 (+/- 2 years). I already checked the internet for hours and asked friends about it.... all in vain. My brother remembers the game too but couldn't recall the name either. So you guys are my last chance to find it.

The gameplay itself consisted of two castles (somehow comparable to the modern android game 'Age of War') which were controlled by a player. The goal was to destroy the opponents castle by arranging gems (or squares/tokens) on a puzzle board. This did cast units, which would attack the opponents castle and cause damage, if they'd reach it. I think there were 4 different types of gems (Earth, Wind, Fire and Water or other symbols...not sure anymore) which had to be arranged in a certain pattern to cast a unit. There were regular foot soldiers, Archers, Knights on horses, war elefants and so on. Furthermore you could cast defensive units like a guard tower, plants or a storm cloud that would send out lightnings. The stronger the unit, the more gems you had to arrange (I think the strongest unit was a dragon which needed two or three lines on the board, maybe 12 or 16 gems, arranged correctly). Used gems disappeared and new ones popped up.

You had to choose a certain character in the beginning, with each character having a different ratio between casting and health points. I remember that the player with most health points was a knight or prince with a huge castle. He could only cast weaker units like archers, foot soliders and so on. The player with lowest health points but highest casting abilities was a dude named 'Mortimer the Ill', who was a goblin sorcerer or something and had a cave or hut as a castle. He could cast all units including the mighty dragon which flew over the battlefield breathing deadly fire. This was the one I always picked since I was super fast on casting in the end.

Like mentioned above, the game was over when a castle was destroyed.

Is anyone out there who can help me out? I'm craving for the game and have no idea how to find it. Maybe it's a newer production?

Cheers!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

The closest I could find at Mobygames was 'Tiny Token Empires', but it seems to have a wider aim than just defeating a single castle.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/ ... en-empires

For plain castle building, no battles, there is 'Jewel Match 2', but that would not be what you describe.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/jewel-match-2
TobeyMaguire

Post by TobeyMaguire »

Hi Rwolf,

Thanks for your reply!
Sadly, both games aren't the one I'm looking for.
It had DOS/pixel graphic and the puzzle board was only a small part of it while you did cast units in real time.

The game was 2D an the view was like Super Mario or Age of War. So no view from the top but 'from the side'.

Man, if I could just remember where I downloaded it...
Wodfist

Post by Wodfist »

Was looking for any info on this game and found this post. I remember it from a LONG time ago. My big brother downloaded the game from smewhre but does not remember where from.

The name of the game is Siege/SIEGE and the 4 elements with which you made attacking troope were Iron, Wood, Fire and Magic if I recall correctly.

There were lots of units to make. The simplest ones were warriors and archers. Then there were knights which were quite fast and you could mass a lot of after some practice. Some more advanced ones were Dragon, Necromancer, Warlock and Golem.

It was definitely a fun game that I would like to track down again :)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Lots of games with 'Siege' in the name, not sure which is intended here. Did not find a matching game on Moby.
Wodfist

Post by Wodfist »

Well apparemtly Mobygames is ignorant of this game then. That said, found it listed on the "old-games dot com" site

Can't post the link but if you do a google search for "siege freeware" or just copy-paste the ending /download/5558/siege-freeware- after the website url :)

Now to find a place to download it without having to pay something...

EDIT: Found a download on archive dot org with the specific page being /details/seige

EDIT2: There is also some gameplay footage on Youtube with the video code EDIGwrwChNQ
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Thanks, it's always fun to find something new. (I'll add the allowed links)

https://archive.org/details/seige

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDIGwrwChNQ

The developers FAIND also had it available on their homepage, but it's gone now.