Futuristic racing game on portable console

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Flandres

Futuristic racing game on portable console

Post by Flandres »

Hello there!

As the title says I'm searching for a futuristic racing game that I played on a portable console. I has to be either the psp, Nintendo ds or Gameboy advanced because I didn't have any other ones.

It has to be older than 5 years but it could be much older (sorry). In the game you drive a futuristic car (if I remember right they almost looked like space ships that drove on the ground). It's not a normal racing game but story driven and after each race you could see different characters interacting about whatever was going on. These characters were presented in anime style and they remind me very much of yugioh 5ds chracters (if that means anything to you). Each character had their own unique car and objective.

I hope somebody can help me and please ask if you need more information, I'll try to remember it better but that's all I could come up with for now. Thanks in advance :)
Flandres

Post by Flandres »

Additional information:

I just remembered that I borrowed the game from a friend back then and I'm pretty sure the only console he had in his possession was the psp so I think I can limit the search to it being a psp game.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Flandres

Post by Flandres »

Thank you for the reply but sadly it's not aero racer :/
Aero racer seems to be a game in which you drive sideways but the one I'm looking for had you driving straightforward. Also there's the whole thing with the story and characters that doesn't seem to match.

I've already tried to find it in that list but maybe I'll try it again now that I know that it's probably a psp game.

Thanks anyway and please keep trying :)
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Wipeout?
Flandres

Post by Flandres »

Hmmm the "cars" and gameplay from wipeout might be similar but from what I can tell by searching wipeout it doesn't even really have a real storyline with characters ingame, does it?