Can't remember name of old fantasy game[HEXPLORE] Solved

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Buggs83UK

Can't remember name of old fantasy game[HEXPLORE] Solved

Post by Buggs83UK »

Hi guys, first time poster, literally been searching for more years than I care to admit to here...

It was on the dreaded demo disks of yore(CD gamer/PC gamer etc.)

It was a fantasy game from the early 90s I believe, I swear it had Hex or Hexx in the name but can't find anything but Hexen which isn't it.

It was isometric-ish and you started with a character whose class was Adventurer and I remember combat(possibly the traditional Orcs and Goblin fare) but mostly I remember that the classes had specific things to interact with and these are where I believe the biggest hints will come from.

Only the Adventurer can use this machine.
Only the Thief can fit through the gap(crack?)

You would have class specific areas where the characters you unlocked would be able to interact to either further progress or find items/treasure.

I only remember finding two classes, Adventurer and either Thief or Rogue but I believe there were more.
For some reason I also seem to remember the warrior had a blue colour, maybe his shirt and golden leggings and possibly purple/black or maybe green for the thief but this may just be misremembering...

If anyone has any ideas, any at all... Even if I have to search through 500+ possible options, I will dance at your wedding for any info that will help as i loved this demo and I think my older brother hid it to upset me or it was genuinely lost/damaged...

Thanks peoples.
Last edited by Buggs83UK on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buggs83UK

Post by Buggs83UK »

Also I think the dungeon areas were tile based and had traps that were related to the interactions, maybe the adventurers machine extended a bridge and the gap to squeeze through led to a dart firing trap you could smash/turn off to proceed...

I think :shame:
Vyothric

Post by Vyothric »

Doesn't sound like anything I've played. Having a hard time thinking of isometric RPG's at the moment. All I can think of is The Summoning

There is a (non-isometric) game called Hexx: Heresy of the Wizard which may have worked its way into your memory.
Buggs83UK

Post by Buggs83UK »

Honestly, thank you for replying but it was neither of those, however I must go and download them both now...

The game im looking for had more up to date graphics than those but not by much so maybe it was more of a late 90s game.

More info that I have dredged up is that I believe the characters had spoken roles but not spoken text eg. they would respond "YES!" to a click but full on conversations were just read-only I think.

(I'm remembering them similar to Warcraft I&II so I don't think I can give much more info on the voiceovers)

I feel like you met the Thief/Rogue class only shortly after starting the game and he joined your party, rather than unlocking him and your characters didn't know each other, they "joined forces" as it were. I think you met him in a forest.

Starting to think I may be wrong about the voice acting but I'm going to leave it here because my mind is telling me they did, I'm sure the Adventurer sounded very heroic and deep voiced and the Thief spoke in more of the stereotypical "Thieves whisper" style that these games often use to audibly distinguish characters.
Buggs83UK

Post by Buggs83UK »

So... After another visit to Mobygames and having missed the straight up "Windows" option I did another refining search and I FOUND IT!!!!

Thank you guys so much for the sticky post with the list of places to search and thank you to whomever created Mobygames!

I have been searching for so long... So so long...