old c-64 casette tape game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
ggaammeerr

old c-64 casette tape game

Post by ggaammeerr »

The screen was basically static. You started at the top and the goal was to make it to the bottom right of the screen to an icon that looked like an eagle. That is where the final battle was. There was a river running from the right hand side of the screen to the left right in the middle of the map. Gameplay consisted of moving around the screen and encountering random battles. When you entered a battle you would hit the spacebar and the computer would sort of randomly decide who one based on amount of troops you had. If you won some of the enemy would join up with you making you a larger more powerful mob. Any ideas?
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I have never played it myself that I can recall, but Might and Magic I believe has a series that starts you as a commander with other forces and you attack the enemy trying to gain territory and or resources. I think you may or may not be able to recruit or take over certain creatures to fight for you, but I do not believe it was assured, more or less certain types or randomly. I know M&M is pretty old so maybe it was on the C64, no idea. I remember the graphics were not all that great and even the newer ones, speaking of ten years ago... although the graphics were doable, it was more or less "painted pictures" or "tiles" that moved. Although the actual fighting it self might of been a bit more animated. As I recall the flags hardly had any real motion. Then again it might of been a different series, I just know it was pretty well known and M&M is the first thing that comes to mind.
ggaammeerr

game

Post by ggaammeerr »

Thanks for the reply! That is not the game. It was way simpler game than that.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I don't have much exposure to C64s, but you might try at a C64 specific site like http://www.lemon64.com/forum/ or browsing their main http://www.lemon64.com/ page. You can also use MobyGames C64 browser, adding and removing game categories.

Archon is the only long shot guess I've got, and that was more chess-like.

(Heroes of Might and Magic tactical game vs. Might and Magic RPG?)
ggaammeerr

no luck

Post by ggaammeerr »

nope, cant find anything regarding this game. thanks for the reply though.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Quadko wrote:(Heroes of Might and Magic tactical game vs. Might and Magic RPG?)
I meant Heroes of Might and Magic. :D
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

:D I understood you, just wasn't sure the best way to clarify so went with that.