Airplane v1.0

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Thank you MrFlibble for the helpful suggestions. I am trying different routines of my own to remove the flickers during sprite overlap. I have one idea that might work however it involves programming additional codes in Borland Turbo Assembler. In the mean time I have a compromise for those who want something right away. It incorporates pseudocoder's suggestion of an arrow key although glitchy, and it also includes a reversed logic to minimize flickering. So in this edition, the planes and hearts do not flicker at all unless it cross paths. hehe So 100% of the work is done. It is just this little bit. O, and I know it takes a few seconds to draw both the sun and the moon since it plots every single pixel within the circle to make sure there is no gap. I guess I could hard code it instead of making it dynamic so it would be instant? However, you would not have that cool affect of the sun coming out hehe

Thank you Jesus for another little update#!! Since it is still Valentine's day in the air - I figured I still use that. Besides that, I like the theme where Jesus promotes the principle of LOVE all people!!!

Here is the download like to the Borland Turbo C 2.01 source:
(mixed with inline Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1 assembly)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nyy5skq9b ... PLANEV1A.C

Here is the same for it file itself just in case you want to just run it:
(designed for DOSBox 0.74 however may be compatible with other DOS)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xo2gh ... ANEV1A.EXE

Thank you to all the users of my program.

A bit of trivia, in my college years, I worked heavily developing user-friendly programs. I'm not sure if I am good at making programs that are great to use though. Feedbacks welcome.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

pseudocoder wrote:Another slick demo; there's nothing wrong with the sprites... the suns are cool. it's the mechanics that you're after, and it handles pretty good on my screen. :) Any chance of getting the arrow keys in addition to wasd and the gamepad? Being a lefty, I find that the arrow keys are easier to use.

Great stuff. :D
@pseudocoder: Since the arrow keys work using interrupts I am sure I can tap into that. However once again I just want to develop my own version. I have been looking to other ways however my version is unique so far. It is the first of its kind (Thank you Jesus Christ). What it does is clears the keyboard buffer and has a delay which I implemented right after. Then it would pole the arrow keys. The fortunate thing is that it is my own routine. The unfortunate thing is that there is a pause so you have to hold down the key in order for it to be detected. My mother says this could be a new way to play a unique game that I might end making. Well time to listen to my dad and back up what I have before I end up potentially losing it.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: God, I love tacos, is number one!hehe

Post by MrFlibble »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:In the mean time I have a compromise for those who want something right away. It incorporates pseudocoder's suggestion of an arrow key although glitchy, and it also includes a reversed logic to minimize flickering. So in this edition, the planes and hearts do not flicker at all unless it cross paths. hehe So 100% of the work is done. It is just this little bit. O, and I know it takes a few seconds to draw both the sun and the moon since it plots every single pixel within the circle to make sure there is no gap. I guess I could hard code it instead of making it dynamic so it would be instant? However, you would not have that cool affect of the sun coming out hehe

Thank you Jesus for another little update#!! Since it is still Valentine's day in the air - I figured I still use that. Besides that, I like the theme where Jesus promotes the principle of LOVE all people!!!

Here is the download like to the Borland Turbo C 2.01 source:
(mixed with inline Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1 assembly)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nyy5skq9b ... PLANEV1A.C

Here is the same for it file itself just in case you want to just run it:
(designed for DOSBox 0.74 however may be compatible with other DOS)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xo2gh ... ANEV1A.EXE
Cool, this version is definitely a great improvement! Thanks! ^_^
tienkhoanguyen wrote:My mother says this could be a new way to play a unique game that I might end making.
That sounds quite intriguing and I am already interested!

In fact, I have never really thought about how a certain control scheme could influence playing experience. However, the developers and players seem to have found certain workable schemes through trial and error (like WASD), while some other options might have been overlooked.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Thank you MrFlibble for testing.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

You know that jobs for software testers are hard to find. If you love testing software and do not mind be a part of the welfare team!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Okay. There is almost a game in this version. It shoots a pellet when you push the gamepad buttons or the spacebar. It is just a little add-on. No game yet however a little one is starting to POSSIBLY appear.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
pseudocoder
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by pseudocoder »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:@pseudocoder: Since the arrow keys work using interrupts I am sure I can tap into that. However once again I just want to develop my own version. I have been looking to other ways however my version is unique so far. It is the first of its kind (Thank you I love tacos). What it does is clears the keyboard buffer and has a delay which I implemented right after. Then it would pole the arrow keys. The fortunate thing is that it is my own routine. The unfortunate thing is that there is a pause so you have to hold down the key in order for it to be detected. My mother says this could be a new way to play a unique game that I might end making. Well time to listen to my dad and back up what I have before I end up potentially losing it.
my asm knowledge is limited to your code. :D I did find a sample online for detecting extended keys using 16h - function 10h, which read the arrow keys without a pause, but it didn't detect normal keys. I tried the online snippit for avoiding a bios lock, but wound up locking up dosbox instead; I'd better stick with C for keyboard stuff. :P

I wish you the best with your own routine; I'm sure it will be excellent once you've ironed out its kinks. If you're interested, here's my basic "gaming" loop in C.

Code: Select all

#include <conio>
#include <ctype>

int main&#40;void&#41;
&#123;
    // other codes

for&#40;;;&#41; // game loop
    &#123;
        if&#40;kbhit&#40;&#41;&#41;
        &#123;
             int ch = getch&#40;&#41;;

if&#40;ch == 0&#41; // extended keys
             &#123; 
                  ch = getch&#40;&#41;;
                  // check arrow or other extended keys
              &#125;
              else
              &#123; 
                  // check wasd etc
               &#125;
          &#125;

// poll gamepads
    &#125;

// other codes
&#125;
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Keep plugging away @pseudocoder!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I usually like to look at others codes however try to do it my way. So do not worry about me. I am happy to see your coding is very indented and well formatted. Your logical is very good and workable. I am not 'pretty' however I just try to get the job done as best I can. I am more concerned with 'as long as it works' model.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.