Multiplayer/online educational game ('90s) [KnowledgeLand]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
ruzihm

Multiplayer/online educational game ('90s) [KnowledgeLand]

Post by ruzihm »

I played this sometime between 1995-2003, it was an online/multiplayer educational game. I thought it was a JumpStart game but I can't find any similar games from the same time period on wikipedia.

I remember there was a gondola you could ride around on.

I remember that there was a text-to-speech thing, so everything you chatted was spoken out loud. This is a very clear memory, I remember asking my mom how to spell "psyche!" Ah, the '90s.

I very distinctly remember a collectible trading card system in the game. You'd find cards on the ground periodically and you could pick them up and collect them.

I think there was a lighthouse you could walk around, although I don't know if you could go inside of it.

Fake Edit:
Welp, as I was giving a final once-over on the wikipedia pages, I saw a peculiar game name on this page.

Lo and behold, JumpStart KnowledgeLand.

I don't need this post anymore but I'm going to post it anyway. Maybe it will help someone else find this old game. I don't want to be that guy.

Cheers.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Cool, cheers!

I hate it when I figure out I was DenverCoder9 in 2003. That's happened to me a few times. The worst is when I know I found the answer, but have no idea what it was any more...

Someday Google will archive every page you've seen in that version, and you can history search everything you've ever seen... Of course, we'll lose a generation of teenagers simply re-viewing the pages they've viewed every day in an endless cycle.
Mary Fragdalene

Post by Mary Fragdalene »

Waauuugh, THANK YOU for leaving this up! I've been hunting down the name of this game for ages. I played it endlessly (until some dude tried to cybersex my wee child self in that lighthouse and I got skeeved out). Now I can rest easy knowing I didn't just, like, dream this shit repeatedly.
nonvoco

Post by nonvoco »

Probably isn't this game, but the way you described it, made me think of Museum Madness. Old DOS game back in 1994.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

It's already been solved - the game was called KnowledgeLand.