Leisure Suit Larry

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.

Best Leisure Suit Larry game?

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (1987)
No votes
Leisure Suit Larry Goes Looking for Love (in Several Wrong Places) (1988)
33%
Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals (1989)
33%
Leisure Suit Larry V: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work (1991)
No votes
Leisure Suit Larry VI: Shape Up or Slip Out! (1994)
No votes
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (1996)
33%

Total votes: 3

nickherc

Leisure Suit Larry

Post by nickherc »

I don't have to ask you, if you remember this game, because you surely do. I remember playing the original, Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards and it was ground breaking for me. First time in my life I played a guy, who tried to get laid, it was so dirty and fun I enjoyed it despise hard puzzles (I was a kid). Great memories. The best one of the series, by my opinion, are the first one and Love for Sail (hubba hubba).

I made a fanpage about Larry, please do me a favour and check it out and give me some feedback ;).

http://leisuresuitlarry.weebly.com/
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I only played one of them so it would not be fair for me to vote and I believe it was the Lounge Lizards one. Regardless you started in a bar and need to find the password to go into a secret room and or have sex with a girl and depending on how you were doing it, was safe or not. I have not played any of the others, but I have heard the newer remake, the cleaner one (Damn ESRB rating system... :suspicious: ) on the XBOX was not as good as the originals. But I have not played that one as well, so not fair to judge it either.

By the way, were any of these games linked to one another, as in a continuation of the story and or items or just the main character played in all of them?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

You're missing that monstrosity from a few years ago... Magna Cum Laude. :laugh:
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

wardrich wrote:You're missing that monstrosity from a few years ago... Magna Cum Laude. :laugh:
I believe that is the one I was referring to on the original XBOX. Some small dude standing between two college girls I think, showing lots of cleavage.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

DOS Wolf wrote:
wardrich wrote:You're missing that monstrosity from a few years ago... Magna Cum Laude. :laugh:
I believe that is the one I was referring to on the original XBOX. Some small dude standing between two college girls I think, showing lots of cleavage.
Yeah, that was probably it. I mean, it was fun, but it wasn't the same. It had a lot of stupid mini-games and stuff in it as well.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

If there is no naked women, even if partially "censored", it is not an official Leisure Suit Larry game. B)
nickherc

Post by nickherc »

DOS Wolf wrote:
Magna Cum Laude doesn't exist. It never happened :laugh: .

One of the most stupidest game ever. And don't get me started on Box office bust, which is even worse (wasn't aware it can be done).
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Superman 64... :huh: