ArkanDOS

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Sweet! Glad all is good. Real life interferes, I quite understand. :)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, as far as significant breathtaking hehe

I have been studying to see if I could do something directly in Windows through Borland Turbo Assembler. I managed to do assembly in Windows. However, it is like DOS programming. You just need to know the interrupts and registers. I know this is a little overboard so I am going to keep it a little on the technical side and a lot of interesting fun treat. hehe

Anyways, the point I am trying to make is that I managed to make a little application for Windows as well. So since this BBS is also referring to Windows in the home page I figured I throw that out there just in case.

For those trying to make a Windows app, Borland C++ 5.5.1 is free for those who register with Borland. Borland C++ is pretty easy to learn if you know C already. If you know C then Borland C++ is a walk in the park.

So to sum up, there are at least two products from Borland that are good that are free for registered users. Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland C++ 5.5.1 - Borland at one point in time (they might still be) are a significant part of colleges. In fact, Borland products allow you to make standalone apps. So if you make a program, it runs all by itself without needing the language that you used to make it. Neat.

By the way, a treat for all you Windows folks. Here is my second edition Windows number guessing game. Always be safe!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kcnrb ... d/home.exe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ.
Well, this Christmas all of you here at WWW.DOSGAMES.COM is getting a present. Here is my second version of fakeTRON.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ua6hm ... ODTRON.EXE

A lot of heavy work has gone into this. I have been spending day and night studying to push myself to get this out early.

Of course, it is far from the real TRON. So thank you to the original TRON producers for the inspiration. You know what they say, "imitation is the cheapest form of flattery!"

This shout-out goes out to God! Then bless my mom, Huong Thi Vu for buying me the official Borland package so I can make this game work and not get sued by Borland hehe.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ.

By the way, please use the J, I, L, K, and Q key in lowercase to make it work.

I am planning on at least one cheat mode, and another light-cycle on the screen. Maybe two :D
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ.

I am doing this for all of you. It would not be possible to enjoy life without my fans. Thank you to everyone especially God and my parents and brother!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, this is my humblest attempt to remake TRON. There are two links that follow. The first is a single player version against the computer. The second version requires a joystick or gamepad; In this instance, it has been officially tested with a Sabrent two joystick gamepad.

Both versions operate with the J-left, I-up, L-right, and K-down key. There is also Q-for quit.

Single-Player against computer version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xhw9c ... tronV3.EXE

Two-Players and computer also plays: (an attempt at 3 lightcycles):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t7nj2 ... TRONV5.EXE

Please note: If you are using a joystick playing the second version, the button number two exits the game also.

Full credits have been listed in the game: The producers of TRON hopefully don't mind hehe, Quadko, David Brackeen, Borland, parents, cousin, everyone and especially Jesus Christ!

As an ending note, this game is note much. However, I wanted to create something for everyone this Christmas 2014. For what it is worth, "I wish you a happy early Merry Christmas to everyone!"
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe Christmas.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe Well, I hope this version is good enough for Christmas release. It has been updated about night time Texas time on November 2014 sometimes hehe

JCtronV5 link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/rnxdv ... d/TRON.zip

Some of the highlights:

[0] for single-player using keyboard
[1] for single-player using joystick
[2] for two-players (one uses keyboard against computer)
[3] for two-players (one uses keyboard against joystick)
[4] for two-players (one uses joystick against computer)
[5] for three-players (keyboard, joystick, and computer)
[ ] for computer demo!
Last edited by tienkhoanguyen on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Couple glitches

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

There are a couple of glitches I might get to. However one of them is that as each lightcycle loses the last lightcycle has the object of staying on the screen for as long as possible. hehe

Also if you wanted to change option from say demo to actual game play, you would have to [Q]uit first then JCtronV5 to run it in DOSBox again. Then choose the actual play mode!

It was just too hard and I am lazy so I just decided to skip that return to menu option. hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

I better be getting mucho donations for this one ;)

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

hehe Well, seriously - I am pretty talented as a gamer-programmer however I have a HUGE head on my shoulders hehe Anyways, my talents is balanced with my penny-less pocket. haha Well, I just ask that if you people can afford it to put myself and my immediate family in a good neighbourhood. After all, I AM giving away my life's work for free. I feel my games are good enough for some pay however I do not feel like going through all the hazzle of artwork and printing out the thousands of disks it takes to advertise it and have $20 from each person (sheepish subtle laughter - SHY) hehe

Well, anyways, I was thinking of marketing my game by buying one of those cheap Sabrent Gamepad to include with my disks. So really $20 for the game minus $10 for the outcost of a Sabrent Gamepad minus the initial disks costs is really I only get eight bucks from each person.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/igd96 ... KANDOS.EXE

Anyways, I hate doing ArkanDOS all in one shot so I am bored out of my mind so I am doing something different. I am making in addition to TRON demo, "futbol (DEMO)". hehe In Spain or where it it is like maybe Brazil soccer is highly in fashion and they call it "futbol" over there. So this is a "futbol" demo to say high to those people. I just like to call it ArkanDOS and lump it all in one title because I produced it haha

It needs a Sabrent Gamepad or someother joystick that plugs into the USB port to work. However if you don't have one just watch the demo. It is fun anyways. However, not as much fun chasing around the futbol with the Sabrent joystick. I made it so hard to kick that ball that your position has to be exact and precise.

It is nothing however I hope I can buy a house for my family in a good neighbourhood. Thanks ahead of time!

All my talents from Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Okay, all jokings off. I have to owe a couple billion people for this game.

Thank you to public welfare first for keeping me off the streets. I could be homeless. So all you people who pay taxes I hope to come out with some game or program that you all enjoy.

Thank you to Sir David Brackeen who is very talented in explaining the 256-color VGA settings. Without you I would still only know about 16 colors.

Thank you to my dear friend, Quadko. Your friendship and second comes your gifts to me from the gamepad routine to the USB drive is beyond measure. I wish I would have kept the USB drive however it was too good for me. I only kept the gamepad. I hope your Christmas and Thanksgivings goes well. I know you work for a famous big company so they pay you big time. It is my priviledge to be associated with you. I am honoured to meet you.

Next is my cousin who is as close to my brother as I can get. Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu, not only do you save lives in the emergency room, but also you have been there for me since we were just little kids!

My mom is luckily still with me by the grace of Jesus Christ! Without her, I would not be enjoying the company of a real family.
Amen.

Last, is my father. He is not with me any longer however I owe these programs to him. He always told me to study. If you know something people cannot take that away from you. You can always make someone's live better with your knowledge and help.!

Of course it would not be complete without my grandfather who passed away. He told my mother if you give a person a food to eat then they depend on you. However if you teach them to study you allow them to take care of even their own families. I love all my families!!

I never forgot grandma's home cooking coming home when I was 10 years old. Zi Phuong. All my love ones.

Uncle Paul and his NVIDIA Doom games, James, John, ...

You can't get away without "Thank you Jesus Christ."
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Cool. I like the little guy, and the ball looks good. I didn't see a way to interact man & ball yet, right? Just a demo with some fun sprites. :)

Tron is coming right along, too! I imagine soon there'll be an AI to play against, maybe. If that interests you. 8)

Keep enjoying yourself and sharing. :)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Quadko wrote:Cool. I like the little guy, and the ball looks good. I didn't see a way to interact man & ball yet, right? Just a demo with some fun sprites. :)

Tron is coming right along, too! I imagine soon there'll be an AI to play against, maybe. If that interests you. 8)

Keep enjoying yourself and sharing. :)
It is fun, but it means more to me that it is a two-way conversation so thank you!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

For the soccer type look alike - you should be able to bounce the ball in the opposite direction if you simply touch it with the guy at the right pixel. You only have 1 pixel out of 50000 pixels to touch it. I was able to do it however I have Jesus Christ! It is meant for professional soccer players not like myself hehe

Actually, I was planning on selling it as a full game eventually after I finished it. However, I did not want to leave any of you in the dark. So I figure I let you in on my progress little by little.

However it should work - I was only able to bounce the ball back maybe two or three times so far.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Tron has a few versions out. The trick is that you must control the light direction the moment you start the game or else it hits the wall and you lose immediately.

Unless you have two players moving away from the wall, the game would end right away.

The computer is semi-smart. It stays alive by NOT moving forward when it sees an object. However it does not really have any real logical to beat a human who can corner it with enough practice. So eventually with practice a human should be able to win at least once.

This link is the prepackaged version of Tron. It unrars in Windows. However after unpacking there is the DOS file in the directory that it unpacks to.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vfw7 ... ON4WIN.exe

I have not updated it in a week or two so you all might have it already.

[November 13, 2014 CST Thursday is the date of this post.]
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Quadko wrote:Whoah! You can do whatever you want, and all blessings on you, but the purist in me rebels at "[XP] DOS prompt is that it is the actual DOS instead of an emulator DOSBox" and the idea that the XP emulator is different or more real than the DosBox emulator - wowzers!

Windows XP is built on Windows NT, don't forget - there is no way that is "real" dos, it most certainly is a dos emulator/virtualizer in the same way DosBox is. If you are talking about Windows 95/98, then I'd maybe believe it could be "more real" because they still sat on dos, but then you just exit windows to real dos completely! But Windows XP shell/"dos" is very much an emulator and is emulating all those interrupts in similar fashion (if different technology) than something like DosBox or VirtualBox! XP is NOT built on Dos like '98, and Windows NT will let you run dos programs, but it most certainly won't let them at the real stuff, it is very much an emulation layer. And not as good a one for game/video/sound stuff as DosBox, in my opinion; less accurate, less control over speed, worse virtualized harward, etc. :)

But be free in your happy place, just didn't want you to think it's something it isn't! If you want real dos, it's either got to be dos on an old machine, or dos in an emulator like VirtualBox, or wrapped together like DosBox - nothing in Windows NT family (NT, 2000, XP, 7, 8 and all servers) is as clean an emulation.
I was just messing with XP again today and even though I agree with you that the speed stability is not all that great, it is fun. When it comes to old DOS games and so on, DOSBox is probably the closest match next to MS-DOS itself. However, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 is still fun for me. It has that classic feel to it. Spending my time on Microsoft Windows 8 and just going back to Windows XP today makes me rejoice that I still kept a copy of my old CD-key. The nicest thing about it is the speed boosts especially working in Borland Turbo Assembler. I was just thinking back to the graphics movements and XP is so horrible at keeping a steady pace. hehe However, for work it is fun. Programming just today in Borland Turbo Assembler makes me "know" it is easy compared to DOSBox. The speed makes the program compile so fast that the response time is instant. The cursor is ready almost instantly right after you press enter, which is a neat thing to have when you are in a hurry.

Anyways, it has been two or three months working in DOSBox now and I have come to the realization that DOSBox version 0.74 is an excellent tool for matching the speed and the environments of DOS. They did a good job.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

bump

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/arkandos/

I just wanted to update everyone on an archive location where my link is also located.

Thank you for your support!

I hope it is mutual, and most important everybody wins what they want out of the bargain.

So I bring out the games, and hope that I get a good living in return.

I have always wanted to be a game programmer.

It is a blessing in surprise that it seems it has begun.

If all goes well, it never ends!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.