I have more stuffs I collect than use! hehe

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

I have more stuffs I collect than use! hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

The stuffs on my shelf is more for decoration. It seems I am a very educated person however I let it sit more than I actually use them. Maybe it is because I am bored of them all? hehe I mean how many times do you listen to iTunes music? I have 2000-3000 songs from my rich brother. However, I do not use most of them. I pretty much go on Pandora and listen to Freestyle Classic, Modern Talking, and Jaren&Matiska.

Mainly the 200-300 CDs worth of classic musics from Aerosmith to Madonna sits there collecting dusts. However, it does not mean I am going to give it away! Far from it. I gave away a dozen items in my lifetime and I am feeling poor. haha

Anyways, I really do not have much however I am more prosperous than the homeless. According to The Holy Bible you have to go through the low points of your life before you can reach the high points. That really stinks in my book. I mean the stuffs I went through were real pains. From scraping my elder falling off the bicycle at 12 years old to fracturing my ankle at 14 playing baseball! Arghhhhh.

I remember living with both my parents, we were middle-class however we were NOT happy. Money does not make you happy. Now a days, I collect welfare and social security and I am happy. Go figure. I love God and one of the things that The Holy Bible teaches is that money will bring you down.

The point I am making is the my two to three bought games are collecting dust. I have titles from Ubisoft, EA, and EIDOS. I do not have many MS-DOS stuffs however the dozen original DEMO discs or so I have are classic and also sitting collecting dusts. haha
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Anyways, maybe one day I get the chance to trade it in for something I need. I would really love a classic BRAND NEW MS-DOS system that is fully loaded. I mean with NVIDIA graphics card, sound cards, and the works. I would love to really see if my DOSBox version of a game works as good on a REAL PURE MS-DOS system!

What else do I want that I could trade? I would love to meet the Pope one day. Even Mr. Bill Gates. Bruce Willis. Jennifer Aniston. I could care less about their money or whatever. I just think they are cool as someone in the acting industry anyways. Whether they are that cool in person is another story.

Anyways, that is all I could think of right now? at the top of my head anyways. My father always stresses before I left that when you die you cannot take it with you. Whether it be fame, fortune, or whatever. The world is temporary and one of the thing he wished he could have taken back is that he made a mistake in his life he regretted. No one watches you, however, what you do wrong in private haunts your soul.

My mother is the meanest person I have ever met. If you make a mistake, she does not just want to spank you like my father. She wants to kill you! :laugh:
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:I would really love a classic BRAND NEW MS-DOS system that is fully loaded. I mean with NVIDIA graphics card, sound cards, and the works. I would love to really see if my DOSBox version of a game works as good on a REAL PURE MS-DOS system!
This... isn't gonna happen. Computer parts today are way too powerful to be running as DOS machines. The games would be all out of whack - especially games that heavily relied on cycle speeds.

Furthermore, if you were looking to build a true classic DOS machine, you'd probably want an ATi or Voodoo card. And a SB32 sound card.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, yeah. I guess. I remember back in the days I had a Creative Sound Blaster Card and it was totally awesome. However, it was a unique one that hooked up to your computer using a USB wire#!! It was for the laptop. The computer had a slot where you could put a card. However, the laptop you needed to connect the sound "card" which was actually in an external box through a USB wire.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I think I repeat myself from an old post, but a "watch" or "keychain" that was a perfect dos computer would be lotsa fun. If I had money to burn, a complete nostalgia hardware experience (all the good old stuff but none of the irritations) would be something I'd sink some of it in to. OTOH, much cheaper to just sell fancy cases with modern hearts and spend the money paying emulator programmers. ;)

Until then, in ebay and dosbox we trust.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Quadko wrote:I think I repeat myself from an old post, but a "watch" or "keychain" that was a perfect dos computer would be lotsa fun. If I had money to burn, a complete nostalgia hardware experience (all the good old stuff but none of the irritations) would be something I'd sink some of it in to. OTOH, much cheaper to just sell fancy cases with modern hearts and spend the money paying emulator programmers. ;)

Until then, in ebay and dosbox we trust.
:laugh:

Very funny - well, I do trust in eBay and I hate to admit it however DOSBox really has good speed stability; It seems I have to agree with you.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Re: God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by wardrich »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:Well, yeah. I guess. I remember back in the days I had a Creative Sound Blaster Card and it was totally awesome. However, it was a unique one that hooked up to your computer using a USB wire#!! It was for the laptop. The computer had a slot where you could put a card. However, the laptop you needed to connect the sound "card" which was actually in an external box through a USB wire.
Through USB? Seems too modern. Wouldn't it have been Serial or something?
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I'm sorry if I come off somewhat off target? However, I shouldn't complain. I do that to my mom. She told me a color was this and I argue. I am so dumb!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe :laugh:

Anyways, my memory could have been wrong however from what I recall I am "strong confidence" it was a USB plug into the laptop. I had a Fujitsu A6020 laptop with a Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 speaker system. It had like 5 speakers together or something like that. I remeber 4 small speakers and a big one. I don't remember why it is called ".1"? So there is the part I am confused about. So I could just be dreaming unfortunately. If I am dreaming then it doesn't matter anyways (sigh). :angel:
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.