DOS side scrolling adventure about green archer

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Nat_the_Potato

DOS side scrolling adventure about green archer

Post by Nat_the_Potato »

I know this may be asking A LOT but i was wondering if someone could list every side scrolling, point and click adventure dos game.
I'm trying to find an old game for a friend and the only other info she could give is green archer and possibly snakes....
Sorry that it's not much to go on and i'm asking alot but a HUGE THANKS to anyone that helps
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Well, there's Conquests of Longbow: the Legend of Robin Hood as a place to start, or King's Quest V has a robin-hood-ish look or one of The Quest For Glory Series.

And MobyGames is good at lists. Here's a list of all Adventure games in 3rd person perspective (like the Robin Hood Sierra game), you can limit to dos or windows from there to narrow the list. Most of those games, assuming it was years ago, were either from Sierra or LucasArts/LucasFilms; that's a way to narrow the starting list for her. There were others - "The Krystal" was a 100% side scrolling adventure by a separate company, for example.

She probably remembers around the year she played, that would help us or you search, too. :)
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I have taken the liberty to change your topic title to something more descriptive, as per the posting rules. Please study them carefully, maybe you or your friend will come up with some other relevant information to narrow down your search.
Nat_the_Potato

Post by Nat_the_Potato »

Quadko wrote:Well, there's Conquests of Longbow: the Legend of Robin Hood as a place to start, or King's Quest V has a robin-hood-ish look or one of The Quest For Glory Series.

And MobyGames is good at lists. Here's a list of all Adventure games in 3rd person perspective (like the Robin Hood Sierra game), you can limit to dos or windows from there to narrow the list. Most of those games, assuming it was years ago, were either from Sierra or LucasArts/LucasFilms; that's a way to narrow the starting list for her. There were others - "The Krystal" was a 100% side scrolling adventure by a separate company, for example.

She probably remembers around the year she played, that would help us or you search, too. :)
Thank you so much for your help, honestly :D I wont see her for a couple days but when i do i'll make sure to ask some more specific questions to come back here to. ^.^
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Bow & Arrow?

DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I am not sure how it was played on DOS or if it was even the same game, but there was an arcade cabinet called Crossbow that had a realistically looking crossbow gun and you had to shoot at objects that were dangerous to your friend who was walking across the screen at a slow pace. I do not remember much of it except trying to shoot a snake, but I never did very well back then. I am sure I could do much better now. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow_(video_game)

If not just look it up on the wiki- "Crossbow video game".
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

DOS Wolf, I've fixed your Wikipedia link. This forum will not recognize certain characters in URLs, like the parentheses, so you have to you HTML codes for those.

Also, here's a MobyGames link: Crossbow
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Thanks, but without derailing the thread, how do I go about fixing it for future posts? Just put random numbers/percent signs or it has to be something specific?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

DOS Wolf wrote:Thanks, but without derailing the thread, how do I go about fixing it for future posts? Just put random numbers/percent signs or it has to be something specific?
Instead of using:

Code: Select all

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow_(video_game)[/url]
use:

Code: Select all

<a href="http&#58;//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow_&#40;video_game&#41;">Link Text &#40;ie&#58; click here&#41;</a>
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Thanks, I got it now. Hopefully I can remember or I will just come here to see the coding. :D And I am hoping Crossbow is the game the original poster was searching for.