GOD means LOVE

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

GOD means LOVE

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Hey guys I recently made a NEW Music Video called "GOD means LOVE"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSHIBorgz2U

Description: "People misuse the name of God to bring violence and havoc into this world. People use God to discriminate believers of other God. Some people use God to sacrifice this life and hope for a better afterlife.

People forget that the real God, be it Jesus, Allah, Krishna, etc. wants His name to symbolize peace and harmony in THIS world and above all His name should bring LOVE to all...."

Also on a personal note to Dosgames Forums... I hope I haven't hurt anybody's feelings with my posts recently. I am very sorry if I did. I've been thinking a lot about what some people said around here and have changed my views a bit. Making this simple music video has somewhat relaxed me a bit, and I was able to somewhat relieve some of the stress I feel inside because so many Indians are being mistreated all over the world today and I guess the Sha Rukh Khan incident was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

One of my best friends is studying in US. right now, is scared for his life. One of his friends was beaten up by a group of people in U.S. who ganged up on him when leaving from his part time job. One of his roomates was nearly killed when another American asked for money and knocked him down with his gun before he could take his money out and said "Keep it." He had to do a serious operation on his head which cost him thousands of dollars just to survive.

Just in the last 4 months 4 Indian students have been killed in America alone.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 709AAKI7v9

These were just students.Kids really. They were not taking jobs away from Americans, infact they were helping America by spending money to get a good education. It's just a sad racial attack. But it's not just Indians. People of all kinds of minority ethnic groups suffer everywhere, and religon, ehnic beliefs are also part of them.

I posted this video in my Newgrounds Blog and some of the comments were really good and inspiring whereas some a bit disturbing. Even one made by a reputed flash artist.

http://jackbliss.newgrounds.com/news/post/363496
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Posting it on Newgrounds was folly! It's a satanic dwelling of satanic worshiping where Satan dwells. :devil:

That being said, it's good to see you've realized it's not World vs Muslim/Indians, it's Stupid People vs People not with Stupid People.

Regarding the video: was that written/interpreted by you? There's something about the first some seconds that intrigues me.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Larry Laffer wrote:Posting it on Newgrounds was folly! It's a satanic dwelling of satanic worshiping where Satan dwells. :devil:

That being said, it's good to see you've realized it's not World vs Muslim/Indians, it's Stupid People vs People not with Stupid People.

Regarding the video: was that written/interpreted by you? There's something about the first some seconds that intrigues me.
I know. I used to think NG was a strange but lovable place...but now I find out the guy who won Flash Artist of the year himself is a creep :huh:

And you are absolutely right! There are so many stupid people all over the world that make it hell for someone else including India with it's caste and orthodox religous system (which this video was based upon btw) God why can't they all just settle down for awhile and do what Lennon did and give Peace a chance already!! Would it kill people to at least TRY that... quite the opposite would happen I think! :laugh:

And yeah everything was written by me and starring me as well. The lyrics were written and music recorded 2 years back when I was in college but then neglected until now. The singing and the speaking part was added couple of days back when my friend didn't do the rap for it for years (due to sheer laziness). The video was shot and edited in about 2 days and the animation work was about 1 day work.

Hope you can leave a comment at Youtube! Btw I reached 101 subscribers recently! Aaaaand to celebrate I 'm gonna... that's right... :D
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:Aaaaand to celebrate I 'm gonna... that's right... :D
Sing Black Betty AND play the MegaMan tune for your favorite polyester-clad buddy? :)

I like the overall song by the way. Dunno if the gangsta/nigger-like voice was intentional but it sends an interesting message.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Wow, what a horrible video.
The "song/poem" sucks, the video/animation is uninspired, and the message is one that I can't get behind.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Larry Laffer wrote:
Santhosh CHRiS wrote:Aaaaand to celebrate I 'm gonna... that's right... :D
Sing Black Betty AND play the MegaMan tune for your favorite polyester-clad buddy? :)

I like the overall song by the way. Dunno if the gangsta/nigger-like voice was intentional but it sends an interesting message.
Ya I'm working on the the Megaman tune. As for the Black Betty well...I'll try my best ... and polyester... what polyester heh heh... :D
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Interesting video.

Singing was just plain terrible (as we've come to expect), though there was something about it that made me watch to the end. Not sure what. The writing is pretty cliche and uninspired, though. I think the "everyone looking for answers, nobody asking questions" line kind of struck a nerve... I mean, there are millions of Liberal Arts students right now who don't do much other than ask those questions. And get high.

So the video seemed pretty shallow and repetitive, IMO. It stated all the problems the world suffers from, which we've all heard about since we could understand speech, but it doesn't propose anything knew, doesn't challenge, doesn't inspire.

And worst of all, doesn't entertain. I know that may seem trite, but if you're going to load entertainment with morals, you've got to keep the entertainment part healthy. Otherwise it dies and turns into a sermon - or worse - a lecture. And not a good one at that. Compare it to some of your other works, like Back to the Start Mario, or especially Theories and Practice, which despite it's heavy subject matter is highly entertaining and inspiring and creative. (and about 10 times the quality of this video)

That being said, glad to see you back here, glad to see you're still making videos. And hell, if it's these kinds of videos that make you the big bucks, go for it! Don't let my opinion drag you down.

However, I'd avoid posting shit about God on NG. That place belongs to Satan.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Nice moustache IMO.
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:Interesting video.

Singing was just plain AWESOME (as we've come to expect),
Why thank you Dogbreath! I had no idea :laugh:

Dogbreath wrote: though there was something about it that made me watch to the end. Not sure what. The writing is pretty cliche and uninspired, though. I think the "everyone looking for answers, nobody asking questions" line kind of struck a nerve... I mean, there are millions of Liberal Arts students right now who don't do much other than ask those questions. And get high.
Yes that line "Everyone looking for answers..." was one of the few lines I added now just before making the video. The rest of it was written few years back and now even when I look at them they do seem a bit of the usual stuff but it's very simple and reachable to all ages. Also it's a way to say these same problems STILL exist cuz some weird guy in the internet keeps singing about it.
Dogbreath wrote:So the video seemed pretty shallow and repetitive, IMO. It stated all the problems the world suffers from, which we've all heard about since we could understand speech, but it doesn't propose anything knew, doesn't challenge, doesn't inspire.
That is true. These things have already been stated in the past, but there aren't many new original songs in the internet (that I know of) which echo these kind of thoughts anymore so I thought at least I would try something. In the end I think (as you said) I wound up making it a bit depressing, than inspiring. I was infact a bit depressed while making it because none of my friends really supported me and I had to do EVERYTHING all by myself in the end. The toughest shot was sitting on the roof. I literally turned my mom's small digital camera on, got up on the roof with the shaky ladder and hoped and prayed the shot was right because it was damn scary getting on top there, and I still wouldn't know if it was good until I got back down. :(
Dogbreath wrote:And worst of all, doesn't entertain. I know that may seem trite, but if you're going to load entertainment with morals, you've got to keep the entertainment part healthy. Otherwise it dies and turns into a sermon - or worse - a lecture. And not a good one at that. Compare it to some of your other works, like Back to the Start Mario, or especially Theories and Practice, which despite it's heavy subject matter is highly entertaining and inspiring and creative. (and about 10 times the quality of this video)
Very true. It was a tad hastily made in some parts. In my movies like "Back to the start Mario" and "Theories and Practice" my focus was entertaining people than enlightening them. This takes WAY longer and much harder work than the other way around.
Dogbreath wrote:That being said, glad to see you back here, glad to see you're still making videos. And hell, if it's these kinds of videos that make you the big bucks, go for it!
It feels great to be back, and still making music videos after all these years. Successful or not, I want to keep making more for as long as I can so that I can have something to look back at when I'm really old and share some warm memories with them. I think all creators are like that. They don't do it for big bucks. They just do it to say "Ya know what... I did that. I made a contribution."

I think everyone has potential to DO something creative, and I'm always the first one to say "Hey if I can do it... why not you!" After all... we have Youtube and video cameras in your mobile phone now.
Dogbreath wrote:Don't let my opinion drag you down.
And let YOUR opinions drag me?? Dude.. have you heard of someone named Worm who lives around here lmao :D
Dogbreath wrote:However, I'd avoid posting shit about God on NG. That place belongs to Satan.,
I sadly found that out the hard way. They usually support all my works very well, but one mention of God and they all went mad. MAAAAAD I tell you! MAAAAAAD!! :o

Seriously though thanks for the good honest detailed review Dogbreath! Btw it's 4:30 in the morning here... I am mad I tell ya MAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!
Last edited by Santhosh CHRiS on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Ro@m wrote:Nice moustache IMO.
Aw... thanks Ro@m. :D

Everyone seems to love my mustache for some reason and hate it when I shave it off
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

GOD means LOVE has recently been released as an Independent Music Video at MSS Vision. Can't believe they accepted it lol :D

http://www.mssvision.com/NewArrivals
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I noticed that you were feeling sad. NEVER LET ANYONE GET YOU DOWN! Because well, I like your posts so far believe it or not. Normally I do not read others posts however it has been quiet so I figured I check a couple things out on my own. I am surprised there are other nice people out there of all situations, denominations, etc. Congratulations on your video. I do not install flash on my computer however I hope it is not a virus haha :no1: :clap: For what it is worth, I hope you do what you love!!!!!!!!!!!!
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.