SNES (?) game about a robot

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
VictorFS

SNES (?) game about a robot

Post by VictorFS »

I need a name from a game where i played when i was like 8~10 years old, i remember only some things like: You are like a robot and if remember correctly your first boss is an helicopter you must go to the top of the place to it appear. I remember there is a place that if you touch the ground you get stuck and you cant escape (i think the ground its magenta, not sure) and after sometime you go to a part where u can enter the prison and walk between the cells and you can go out too and walk in front of it. Please guys im searching for this game so hard, tell me what is its name please thank you.
VictorFS

Post by VictorFS »

Btw ,im seventeen now (17) and i used to play the game on my computer, maybe on an emulator, probably Snes one, keep in mind i dont remember everything correctly
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Was it a top down style game, or an FPS/3PS, or side-scroller? Was it guns and maybe bombs/grenades, I assume, or was it more swords and magic? Do you remember any other locations than the prison? We'll do what we can! :)

Complete random guess: P.O.W.
VictorFS

Post by VictorFS »

It was a game such as Contra, side-scroller , you was a robot and you use a gun if i remember correctly walking to the right side of the game killing enemies , but there are some stages you can walk to the other side too
VictorFS

Post by VictorFS »

It dont have any type of magic , you are just a robot that kills enemies, as i already have told, there are a stage that if you touch the ground you get stuck on it and cant escape , and the stage you are on a prison with some entrances , down and up keys make you enter inside ou walk out of the cells, and its a puzzle stage cause you must walk and find any way to get out of there
VictorFS

Post by VictorFS »

Ohh , i remember one place you are like on the right (or left, not sure) side of the stage and the center is like an elevator , something that keeps enemies coming up and starting to fire you with their guns, that's all i remember now sorry
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

No worries, the more memories the better!

Some (probably wrong) guesses to see what looks closer or further from what you remember:
Soul of a Robot, very old platformer
Megaman, the famous series
Android on Atari
Vectorman on Sega Genesis

Anything look similar to your memories? These are from this list of Robot Protagonist games, maybe worth looking through.

Hm, other random guesses: Thexder and Thexder 2: Firehawk where you pilot a transforming mech.

(edit: fix typo)
Last edited by Quadko on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VictorFS

Post by VictorFS »

None of these :/ , anyway thank you so much for helping me
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Are any of them closer or farther from your memories, or are they completely out of the ballpark? Even if not the game, there are also things like One Must Fall and Rise of the Robots, the best and worst of robot fighting games. Or Electroman and the old Robocop.
VictorFS

Post by VictorFS »

The game is just like a side-scroller one such as contra, a stage game , gotcha ? if im not wrong, you are a person who gets a robot-like armor, maybe a cyborg one, and you can fire enemies with your hands
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Sorry, I was thinking Commando not Contra, so missed that helpful info. My bad. :)

Rambo III but he's not a robot. Lots of arcade games like that, so could be a port or even maybe Mame emulation. I'll see if I can dig up a list tomorrow, at least. Mostly out of ideas for the moment. Maybe Bionic Commando? The Silencer in Crusader: No Remorse, but is isometric.

You can also try the Google Image search trick for Games like Contra and see if anything looks familiar.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

The only thing that comes to mind and I am not even sure it was on the SNES, but the arcade is a two player game where you kind of sit in a mech/robot and walk around shooting or smashing enemies and no I am not talking about Metal Slug either. It is hard to describe since I only played it once or twice, but that was the gist of it. In this game you speak of, are they completely encased in a robot suit or only half way?

Edit: I apologize for reviving an old thread.
Last edited by DOS Wolf on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Your discussion reminded me of this game review. The game, Walker, was only released for the Amiga though.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

That was not the game I was refering to, but it does actually look quite nice. Are games on MobyGames free too, some or none?
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Mobygames (and UVList.net) are informational wiki-style game sites without any game downloads.

Something like Archive.org has both info and demos/downloads.

Sites like this one (dosgames.com) have verified free and legal downloads (as best as possible), and may or may not have blurbs about the game. There are a few other sites that do their best to be good, and they are the only downloads we link to - check the forum rules for details.

And of course google can get you to non-legal game download sites, but we don't link to them from the forum; the links will be scrubbed.

And with sites like Gog.com or 3DRealms's purchase pages, sometimes games are easily acquired for minimal cash from there, and of course it's ok to link to them.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I am quite content with what games are availble legally for free. There are so many and I was looking at MOBY and they have quite a few for the entire series for a very decent price. I assume they give you the keys for them. I have heard other ways of gaining keys and I have been burnt more than once, buying a used copy of a game and it either not having the key or if someone else is using it, you can not. Long story short, I shall check what links you guys have. Thank you.

Game Guess

Post by Guest »

Just as a random guess, I'll try B.O.B.?

http://www.ripten.com/2012/02/25/ripten ... -b-2-gavb/
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

MobyGames.com? They are an encyclopedia, they don't sell games. They just link to Amazon and ebay searches and maybe other legal places...

Amazon and ebay would probably be used games, but certainly take a look at Gog.com and Steam and so forth - those aren't used games, just inexpensive old games legally repackaged for easy playability, or variably expensive new games. Both have free accounts and keep your "library" of purchased games. Gog is DRM free, download and play; Steam needs the client and at least an occasional internet connection to DRM confirm the game. Gog is classic old games and indie games, steam is everything from classic games to latest and greatest.

Of course, unless there was a PC version, neither can really help with a console game. :)
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Ahhh... I think I meant GoG in the buying department not MobyGames, but Moby does have a huge list of games. :laugh: Although I do have a question regarding legal free games. There was a website I found many years ago, that was like this one, heck it might of even been this one, that had all these games for free. Might have been freeware, shareware and or abandonware.

Now that I did some research I think it was Home of the Underdogs, but I am not totally sure. And there was one game that was a simulation of the world, I think during the Cold War and you were the US and the world went about it's business, but random things happened, skirmishes or sanctions and you can make allies or enemies, losing old friends and gaining new ones... or you could simply nuke the world a hundred times until he rest of the world took action and nuked you. And I remember videos extremely short that shows the explosion and I believe it played out day by day or month by month and a news broadcast/newspaper would scroll across the bottom of the screen. It looked quite old, perhaps DOS.

I do not want to derail this thread, but might as well ask since I had found it on that site to begin with.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Home of the Underdogs does not only have legally free games, but also "abandonware" games that are not officially licensed for free distribution.

As for the other game you should better start a new thread about it. This will allow to sort through the necessary information more efficiently.