PlayStation 3rd person fantasy game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Zones79

PlayStation 3rd person fantasy game

Post by Zones79 »

Hi, I have this game in my head and I've searched many times but I need help. It is a 3rd person game and the character you play as is a man wielding a a double-edged staff sword thing (much like darth maul's but with blades) but I can't remember if you have a selection of characters because it may of been a demo I played all those years ago. The game is for the original Playstation and I'm pretty sure it has this song or at least something very similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERMWeJ_cPK0. I remember very vaguely fighting some kind of werewolf type creatures in it too. If you can elp that would be great :D
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

This irks me not knowing, because I am pretty good on original PlayStation games. However when you say fantasy and 3rd person, was this a hack and slash, an RPG, an adventure game, etc.? And was this on a PSM (PlayStation Monthly) demo disk or something that came with the console as a demo?

Deathtrap Dungeon comes to mind and featured a bulky guy with a double bladed sword, but not like a staff and also his cohort was a leggy red head with a similar sword. It was hack and slash, had over the shoulder type view as I recall like Laura Craft... I think the same makers too, Eidos wasn't it? had interesting environments with a lot of exploration and death around every corner... literally. Plenty of traps and pit falls and decent assortment of baddies to kill and be killed by. However it had horrible camera, control and in my opinion, way too many easy deaths due to the traps and pitfalls. Regardless, it is still fun to play, until you get your butt handed to you quickly.
Vyothric

Post by Vyothric »

Sounds like Nightmare Creatures.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Vyothric wrote:Sounds like Nightmare Creatures.
Oh yes, that definitely could be it. The "man wielding a a double-edged staff sword thing (much like darth maul's but with blades)" threw me off. The guy in NC is a monk and weilds a staff of sorts while the girl has the sword[s] and it was also a demo from PSM. The game was decent enough, although the controls were a little unweidly. I enjoyed the environments though, the old time feel of the flint lock guns and the zombies being able to be chopped in half was cool too. But ultimately it was not as good as it could have been. Sad really.
Last edited by DOS Wolf on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

DOS Wolf wrote:
Vyothric wrote:Sounds like Nightmare Creatures.
Oh yes, that definitely could be it. The "man wielding a a double-edged staff sword thing (much like darth maul's but with blades)" threw me off. The guy in NM is a monk and weilds a staff of sorts while the girl has the sword[s] and it was also a demo from PSM. The game was decent enough, although the controls were a little unweidly. I enjoyed the environments though, the old time feel of the flint lock guns and the zombies being able to be chopped in half was cool too. But ultimately it was not as good as it could have been. Sad really.
Well, speaking of not as good as it could be. I personally feel I could make a game. However, it is not up to me how good it is. It depends on if I am inspired. I think Jesus Christ plays a big role in my life. He always picks me up when I think I have nothing left. Anyways, I hope my programming gets better because I am drained studying and trying to get the next release out. O well.
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:Well, speaking of not as good as it could be. I personally feel I could make a game. However, it is not up to me how good it is. It depends on if I am inspired. I think Jesus Christ plays a big role in my life. He always picks me up when I think I have nothing left. Anyways, I hope my programming gets better because I am drained studying and trying to get the next release out. O well.
What the hell does Jesus Christ have to do with anything? :huh: Anyway, I have heard NC2 was not as good as the original.