Carwash Simulation game.

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Mijati

Carwash Simulation game.

Post by Mijati »

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of an old DOS game which I believe I obtained through a CD with a magazine although no idea which one.

In the game you run a car wash for I believe was 30 days. Each day you'd get a weather forecast (chance of rain etc. it wasn't spot on) and you had to decide how much soap to buy for each different type of wash available as well what advertisements to run that day (Radio, TV, newspaper). It was a mainly text based game with a simple UI so no proper graphics to speak of as such.

I have been "casually" searching for this game for a number of years now and have been unable to find it. Would love to replay it again as I sinked quite a lot of time into it as a kid.

The game was simply called Carwash as far as I can remember.

If anyone has any one remembers this game or knows where I can find it I'd be very grateful :).

Cheers!
Het

Car wash

Post by Het »

I remember that game.. Was just looking for it. Ever find it?
thehuntsouthgmail

Carwash Game

Post by thehuntsouthgmail »

Just saw this post..

I wrote that game back in about 1993. I may have a version still somewhere on a CD. If you would like a copy drop me a line. I think to get it to run now, you'll need to run it in DOSBox or similar emulator.

TH
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Carwash Game

Post by MrFlibble »

thehuntsouthgmail wrote:I wrote that game back in about 1993. I may have a version still somewhere on a CD. If you would like a copy drop me a line. I think to get it to run now, you'll need to run it in DOSBox or similar emulator.

TH
Hello! Do you own the rights to your game? If yes, would you consider releasing it as freeware here and/or through RGB Classic Games?
Th3Mafia

Attention auther of this game!

Post by Th3Mafia »

Hey im looking to remake this ... b/c ive been searching for it for so long.... after I start planning it more things come to mind and I search better and find this post....

Would be awesome plan this with the creator or remake it or see original screen shots... help appreciated.

Concepts spread sheet, ive enabled comments, feel free to help fill in gaps

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Im just trying to remember how the game played and collecting info about it in that sheet
Th3Mafia wrote:
thehuntsouthgmail wrote:Just saw this post..

I wrote that game back in about 1993. I may have a version still somewhere on a CD. If you would like a copy drop me a line. I think to get it to run now, you'll need to run it in DOSBox or similar emulator.

TH
Would be fantastic to hear from you about this thehuntsouth
Th3Mafia wrote:Anyone know how i can get in contact with thehuntsouth in case he doesnt check back (he's a guest account)
[Edit ~dosraider]
Merged your posts, this is a forum, not a chatterbox, use your 'edit' option if you wish to add something, don't tripple post in a row.
Deletion of this kind of posting will be your destiny in the future!!!!

RE: alright boss, you got it
Anonymous-Florida

Here is a link to the game you are seeking

Post by Anonymous-Florida »

I was looking for the same game and found it. Its common filename is CARWAS.ZIP. I spent some time searching for it.

Here is a link to the site I found it on.
http://cd.textfiles.com/svplatinum/CDR14/CARWAS.ZIP

I'm not allowed to post a link as a guest so fix that link.

Its shareware so I don't think its against any policy to post this.

Mod Edit: Fixed link
Anonymous-Florida

Interested in remake

I would be interested in any remakes.

This is one of the first games I can remember downloading on my local BBS. I also played this for hours as a kid. Those were the days. I still remember being amazed at the fairly advanced user interface for DOS.

As the author said in his previous post it has to be played in dosbox.

Thanks to the author Tim for the great game.

(To moderators sorry for the double post)
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I would be interested in downloading (If on a reputable site such as DOS Games.) if there is a secret code to have sexy girls wash cars in tiny bikinis getting all soapy and wet... :suspicious:

In all reality though I do enjoy sim games, I remember a lemonade stand game which sounds about the same premises. Simple yet complicated when all things are considered, but never over bearing.
Anonymous-Florida

DOS Wolf wrote:I would be interested in downloading (If on a reputable site such as DOS Games.) if there is a secret code to have sexy girls wash cars in tiny bikinis getting all soapy and wet... :suspicious:
Someone should post it here then. IMHO textfiles.com is a reputable site. Its from a CD collection they posted on their site of shareware.

If you find any cheat codes let me know :laugh: