Looking for old PC platform game with aliens and cool music

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
TuvaiNet

Looking for old PC platform game with aliens and cool music

Post by TuvaiNet »

Been ages since I played this game and countless hours of Google and Youtube searching have led me to nothing. But when I was little I remember playing this very hard platform game. I always thought the name was "Alien killer" but apparently that's not the one.

The game was action-packed and looked much ahead of its time graphics-wise. I believe I played it in DOS, but it could've been a Window game also. It only had about 10 levels, a lot of them featuring awesome rock background music. The first level had some sort of embryo / baby boss with rotating rings around it.

Any idea's? :)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Hmm...maybe R-Type, it had an embryo alien boss.
I don't know if there was a PC port of it?
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Alien Carnage? (Also called Halloween Harry?)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/alien ... creenshots
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Giant Bomb has an article with a list of games about the trope "Fetus as a Final Boss". Most of the games are console, but worth a look.

The Tongue of the Fatman fighting game was full of bizarre stuff.

I also remember a really odd (shareware?) shmup game where the enemies were things like ninjas and faces and maybe babys with machine guns even though you were a ship in space. I'm not coming up with a name off the top of my head.
TuvaiNet

Post by TuvaiNet »

None of the above, unfortunately. It wasn't a space shooter; you were controlling a guy with a gun. Also, the graphics were more 3D-ish rather than cartoons (like Alien Carnage as mentioned above).
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Hmm, does you game have a top-down view, like in Total Carnage, or is it a side-scroller, like the above mentioned Alien Carnage?
TuvaiNet

Post by TuvaiNet »

Side-scroller. :)
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Has Alien Rampage been mentioned yet? Don't remember a baby boss but it sure has some weird boss designs.

Also, since you say the game was "3D-ish", check out Hunter Hunted, it has pre-rendered sprites for characters and stuff.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

While trying to locate the odd game I'm remembering that might be the one you are looking for, I keep finding other odd games: Parodius Da!, and other odder screenshots around the web.

Hm, X-Multiply, an R-Type that takes place "minaturized and injected into a woman's body", could be a baby boss there.

But these are all ship avatars, and I've not located the crazy one I'm trying to recall. I swore I saw it when browsing HOTUd.org sometime, and the odd screenshots stuck with me. But no luck so far!
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Abuse?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Wally wrote:Abuse?
Abuse does match a lot of the description, but I don't remember any bosses of the kind the OP described. Also, there is no background music. (Neither there is any in Alien Rampage to be honest, at least in the shareware version.)