Trying to find an old space strategy game. [Stars!]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Alakazam

Trying to find an old space strategy game. [Stars!]

Post by Alakazam »

Hello! I'm trying to find an old turn-based strategy game, but I can't remember what it's called, I found it on an old Shareware CD a long time ago.

So basically this is how the game worked: You were the leader of your race, and you are trying to take over the galaxy. There were several different races, each with their own advantages/disadvantages, here are a few of them that I remember: Human, Siliconoid, Rabbitoid, and maybe Insectoid?

Also, here's what I remember about how building ships worked: You started out with the hull, which determined which parts/how much stuff you could put on the ship, them you could customize them however you wanted, then give them a name and build it.

And also, here is how transportation worked: The speed of your ships was dependent on the quality of your engines (Warp 1, Warp 2, etc.) and you could also build Stargates to travel instantly from one planet to another.

There were 3 different resources one of them was Fuel that you used to power your ships, but I don't remember the other 2.

So that's about all of the information I have, thanks for reading! And if you could tell me what this game is called and possibly how to find it that would be great! :D
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

The game is 'Stars!'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/stars
(screenshot #6 shows the available races OP mentioned)

It also can be found at Abandonia
Alakazam

Post by Alakazam »

Coolness!! Thanks for helping me find it! :D