help me find old dungeon/shooter game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
bjorco

help me find old dungeon/shooter game

Post by bjorco »

I am looking for an old game where you shoot monsters.. it's a 3d game like doom or wolfenstein .. kinda like dos horror/dungeon/shooter game.. yeah so you start off by a water well the walls are kind off pixely and they are blue... and there is a scary "mask"(don't really know if its a mask) monster or a skull of some kind.. I don' really know how to explain.. it looks like a mask.. there are alot of other monsters but I think The mask, skull thing is kinda like the boss ... if you need more information I will try to see what I remember ) I think you where shooting red Fireballs so Please if there is anything you can remember of this game please write here .. anything ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Last edited by bjorco on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Reminds me of this -
http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/bag/ ... e-game.php
or Sinistar - giant head chases your ship in space...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcyBtVwAsfg

[Edit ~dosraider] Made links clickable
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Do you remember if it was side scrolling, or top-down, or 3d fps?

First thing I think of is Skull Monkeys, but that was Playstation only, so unlikely.
AshyRaccoon
Expert
Expert

Post by AshyRaccoon »

That sounds like Catacomb Abyss, like http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/catac ... otId,1916/ and http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/catac ... otId,1917/
It's got a whole lot of fireball shooting, and a skull guy. First thing I thought of.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

AshyRaccoon wrote:That sounds like Catacomb Abyss
Actually, you might be right! I didn't think of it because the opening poster doesn't mention the perspective of the game.
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

it's in 3d like doom and wolfenstein
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

AshyRaccoon wrote:That sounds like Catacomb Abyss, like http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/catac ... otId,1916/ and http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/catac ... otId,1917/
It's got a whole lot of fireball shooting, and a skull guy. First thing I thought of.
nope .. sorry.. :P the game I'm looking for has blue pixely walls :D I have updated the post ;) take a look
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Some random guesses:
Heretic
Corridor 7
Thor's Hammer
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

MrFlibble wrote:Some random guesses:
Heretic
Corridor 7
Thor's Hammer
none of the above.. sorry.. it's not like specific weapons like Axe, guns.. it's more like Fireballs and stuff like that.. :P and I know that you could dive in a water and there was a shark u could kill there.. and also there where bats and skeletons (I think) .. it's a really good game, Wonder why it's not so popular ... The closest of the above is probably Heretic, only that the game I'm looking for has worse Graphics it's more like pixely if you know what I mean.. and also it's more of a Dungeon.. it's a pretty small game. :)
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Magic,etc. says to try Ultima Underworld, but blue walls and small game says probably not. But I do have strong blue wall memories. Ultima Underworld 2 had some crazy levels - I remember fantasy alien gravity jumping level in funky colors.

You might try googling for a list of ray casting games - that's the technology these games used. Here's a few games we haven't mentioned from one of the lists, no idea if they are close or far from your description. Was it definitely "free moving" 3d like Doom, or might it have been an old RPG with "3d like" views and 90 degree movement? I'm thinking games like the Might & Magic Xeen games or Stonekeep.

Blake Stone Series
Chasm: The Rift
Blood
Cryptic Passage for Blood
Dungeon Master Series
Eye of the Beholder Series
Hexen
Might & Magic Series, esp 4-6
Operation Body Count
Rise of the Triad: Dark War
Shadow Warrior
Strife
Stonekeep
The Terminator: Rampage
Ultima Underworld Series
Yendorian Tales Series
Zero Tolerance
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Ken's Labyrinth? It's 3D and you shoot fireballs ...
http://www.mobygames.com/game/kens-laby ... creenshots
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

Quadko wrote:Magic,etc. says to try Ultima Underworld, but blue walls and small game says probably not. But I do have strong blue wall memories. Ultima Underworld 2 had some crazy levels - I remember fantasy alien gravity jumping level in funky colors.

You might try googling for a list of ray casting games - that's the technology these games used. Here's a few games we haven't mentioned from one of the lists, no idea if they are close or far from your description. Was it definitely "free moving" 3d like Doom, or might it have been an old RPG with "3d like" views and 90 degree movement? I'm thinking games like the Might & Magic Xeen games or Stonekeep.

Blake Stone Series
Chasm: The Rift
Blood
Cryptic Passage for Blood
Dungeon Master Series
Eye of the Beholder Series
Hexen
Might & Magic Series, esp 4-6
Operation Body Count
Rise of the Triad: Dark War
Shadow Warrior
Strife
Stonekeep
The Terminator: Rampage
Ultima Underworld Series
Yendorian Tales Series
Zero Tolerance
Yeah.. none of the above.. I don't really remember if it was free moving or 90 degree movement... I think the game didn't have a task you had to Complete.. like there where no Level 1, Level 2 and stuff like that.... But it's the blue "pixely" walls ! :P I don't think it's a popular game :/
bjorco wrote:
emmzee wrote:Ken's Labyrinth? It's 3D and you shoot fireballs ...
http://www.mobygames.com/game/kens-laby ... creenshots
Nope :/ sorry ...
Last edited by bjorco on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Could it have been the super obscure German game called Desperabis?
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

MrFlibble wrote:Could it have been the super obscure German game called Desperabis?
nope.. this doesn't have blue walls :P but the graphics of the game is "pixely" if you know what I mean
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

If you could dive into water, maybe it was ShadowCaster? (you can dive similar to Duke Nukem 3D there)
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

MrFlibble wrote:If you could dive into water, maybe it was ShadowCaster? (you can dive similar to Duke Nukem 3D there)
nope.. I know that the menu was simple and it was black with blue writings... the game does not have a story ..in graphics, it's not far away..
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

There are some 3D Bezerk games out there: google image search, but I don't see any FPS. Still "blue walls and no plot"!

I remember an entry in a game competition on HOTU that was basically walls, monsters, teleporters, and you with a chain gun. If that rings a bell, perhaps...

System Shock has blue walls, but way too much plot... ;)
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

Quadko wrote:There are some 3D Bezerk games out there: google image search, but I don't see any FPS. Still "blue walls and no plot"!

I remember an entry in a game competition on HOTU that was basically walls, monsters, teleporters, and you with a chain gun. If that rings a bell, perhaps...

System Shock has blue walls, but way too much plot... ;)

System Shock has to advanced grahpics ... so It might be older :/
bjorco

Post by bjorco »

No more ideas ? :spam: :spam: :spam:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

In case I haven't suggested that yet, you can browse through the Classic PC Games section of archive.org - it features a lot of old games, and quite a few rare/obscure ones.

Also, check out Theodor Lauppert's Game Gallery, which also has a selection of obscure titles, and the related Download Center (some downloadable games may not have related articles in the Gallery so the two sources are complementary).