Freeware PC Adventure Game With Indiana Jones Look-A-Like

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Hmmm, the first picture doesn't seem familiar, but the face puzzle definitely can be found in Torin's Passage, is it possible you're remembering two different games? Of course it's possible the same puzzle could be found in more than one game ...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/torins-pa ... creenshots
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Post by Frodo »

Hey Emmzee. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'm remembering 2 different games. :rolleyes: I remember the mountain was a few screens left of the garden.

Torin's Passage is a fantastic game, but it's not the game I'm thinking of. The graphics are much too good in Torin's Passage. :)
Please click on my dragons, to help them grow - Image Image Image
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Okay fair enough. The puzzle in Torin's Passage looks pretty identical to the second pic that's the reason I thought it might be it :) Three by three nine tiles with black lines on green which have to be arranged to form a face:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/torins-pa ... cture,582/

Unfortunately I don't think I played the game you're looking for, hopefully someone else will recognize it.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Yeah, it's vey similar. 'My' game was probably inspired by this Torin's Passage puzzle. :)

But things in Torin's Passage are a lot more detailed, with various shades of green. Mine was just plain green with dark lines.

Thanks for trying to help though. :thumbsup:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

So it was some kind of a fan-made game? Have you tried asking around the GameMaker forums (if they have any, that is), maybe someone there remembers the game? If it was fan-made, I'm afraid it could disappear from the 'Net since...

Any chances you'd remember the site you got it from?
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I don't think it's a fan game, but I could be wrong. :blah:

Had a look at the GameMaker forums, but there doesn't seem to be any suitable place for a 'Do You Know This Game' post. :(

I *THOUGHT* that game was on this site originally, but I can't find it there now.
http://www...... :blah:

I would be very sad, if it's disappeard from existance. :cry:

[Edit by ~dosraider]
The " :blah: " because of TeH Rulez ... link not allowed, no can do.

It was a freeware site. Where in the rules does it say we can't link to freeware sites? :upset:
Better things to do with my time than to investigate all kinds of unknown sites .... claiming to be 'freeware' or not. ~dosraider

Could you add 'Links to freeware sites is not allowed either' to the rules then? Cos at the moment, freeware isn't mentioned in the rules.
The allowed sites are listed, I don't intend to add a long long list of not allowed things and stuffs, if you don't like it feel free to post about it in 'general', now we gonna stop this this conversation by 'edits', OK? ~dosraider