Old jewel game-not jewel theif.

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Angela car

Old jewel game-not jewel theif.

Post by Angela car »

Hi,

Does anyone know the title of the old pc game, you're in a maze and you zip around, it has different colored sections, and you collect jewels? It came already installed on the PC in the 80's? I think? It's sort of a puzzle game. Thanks a million!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

First things that come to mind are the Boulderdash or Rockford style games, and Snarf.
Angela car

Post by Angela car »

Thanks for trying but that doesn't sound like it. I seem to remember that it was a square game board with different colored sections and you had to unlock each different colored section to proceed.
aderack

Post by aderack »

What sort of a character or playing piece did the game have? A human? A marble? What sort of style did the visuals have? High-tech, shiny, medieval? Can you think of any other notable features?
Angela car

Old game, not jewel thief.

Post by Angela car »

I don't remember what character or the playing piece was. The graphics were plain, not medieval, not high tech., & not shiny. This was around the 80's?

You zip around a large square, I think I remember as you advance, you go around and toward the center of the square.

They sections were in basic colors, red, blue, green, yellow. It's a strategy/puzzle type game.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Paganitzu?
aderack

Post by aderack »

Angela car

Post by Angela car »

I don't think it's either of those, but again, thanks for trying and your ideas.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Old jewel game-not jewel theif.

Post by dosraider »

Angela car wrote:...and you collect jewels?...
As you don't seem to be sure about what you had to collect, a wild shot: Heartlight?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/heartlight

Was kinda well known in his time and was pre installed on several brand PCs as 'bonus' software .....
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Angela car

Post by Angela car »

To my best recollection, you do collect jewels, but I don't remember other certain aspects of the game.
Angela car

Post by Angela car »

It isn't that one either. But yes, it was pre-installed on PC's. Again, thanks again, for trying.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Lode Runner esque?
Top Down View?
Sounds you might remember?
Angela car

Post by Angela car »

Sounds-yes, as you're zipping around the maze, and collecting each jewel, you hear a little clack, thus, collecting many jewels in a row, you'll hear many clacks.

The game you mentioned, I'll check it out. Thanks for the ideas, I really appreciate it.
johno

da game

Post by johno »

Jewel Chase.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: da game

Post by dosraider »

johno wrote:Jewel Chase.
.... hmmmmm, mayhaps.
It's part of the MS puzzle collection.
http://www.microsoft.com/games/puzzle/
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
steveskielberg

Post by steveskielberg »

Is it the one where theres also another guy collecting jewels too and you have to get more, or al of them before he does? and the get from one color to another the tile would be half and half? Sound like the game?
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Would it happen to be collecting diamonds as in the game "Kye"?

Refer to screenshot:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kye_(video_game)