RSD Game-Maker

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
aderack

RSD Game-Maker

Post by aderack »

So for a while I have been researching Recreational Software Designs' Game-Maker (1991), the first graphical game creation system for MS-DOS. I've been talking to its users and archiving their games where possible. I was wondering -- has anyone here used RSD Game-Maker, and if so do you still have access to your old material? I'd love to get in contact.

To make this thread more useful, hey! Here's my current vote for the top five Game-Maker games:

Parsec Man 3D

Invasion of the Blobs II: The Evolution Revolution

Blinky 2: The Return of Blinky

Badman II: He's Back Again!

Orb: The Derelict Planet

Also to overload and possibly expand the topic, if anyone remembers any Game-Maker games that I have yet to dig up then I would be really interested to hear about them.

So. Whaddaya say? Ringing a bell with anyone?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Hi! Nice to know you're doing such focused research! Good luck with your endeavour!

While personally I have never used the GameMaker tool, I think you could make a post at RGB Classic Games Forums, some people there might know something or maybe have their own games somewhere :)