Freeware PC Adventure Game With Indiana Jones Look-A-Like

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Freeware PC Adventure Game With Indiana Jones Look-A-Like

Post by Frodo »

There was a game I remember playing on my computer maybe 5 years ago? I would love to play it again, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. I'm hoping someone will recognise it from my description.

- As the title says, it was a freeware PC game. Point & Click adventure.
- The main character (you) looked just like Indiana Jones, although it wasn't an Indy Jones game.
- It was very colourful
- I'm sure the Indy Jones\main character had a voice (not just text).
- One of the puzzles involved your neighbour. He was sitting calmly in his garden, admiring his flowers. You had to make him think that a common caterpiller on his flowers was actually a very rare caterpiller.
- Another puzzle involved you having to find 9 stone squares, which you could then place into a mountain side. But you had to turn the squares the right way, so they formed a stone face. Then a secret door in the mountain would open up.

Does anyone recognise this game? :huh:
Please click on my dragons, to help them grow - Image Image Image
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Anyone?
:huh:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I have some vague memory of an ad for an Indiana-Jones-lookalike themed game (down to the similar font used for the title) in a 2000-something gaming magazine, but since you say your game is freeware I doubt it was the same thing.

In fact, I did some Googling when I first read your topic, with keywords like "game adventure archaeologist Indiana Jones". This yielded some free/shareware/flash/online coffee break puzzle games (along with a considerable deal of irrelevant results), didn't have the time to look through them, sorry.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Thanks MrFlibble

The gameplay isn't like Indy Jones - it's just the player character that looks like him.
It's more of a classic point & click game.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Frodo wrote:Anyone? :huh:
:blah:
No idea.

Knowing you I even didn't google for it, but forwarded your question towards some people (gaming addicts) I know, alas none knows it .....
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Thanks anyway Dosraider :rolleyes:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Got one response : Riddle of the Sphinx
http://www.riddleofthesphinx.com/home/index.html
Not really freeware ... so I seriously doubt it will be what you're looking for.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Thanks, but it's not Riddle of the Sphinx - the graphics are far too advanced there. :blah:

It looks more like this (sorry I couldn't find any better screenshots) - http://liortamim.tripod.com/curse_en.htm
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I've asked around in another forum I visit, people have suggested to look at games created with the Adventure Game Studio. Here's the list of games they feature, sorted by release date newer-to-older:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Ga ... tDesc=TruesortBy=ReleaseDate
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Thanks MrFlibble. I had a look through that list, but couldn't see it there. :blah:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Another suggestion from the same person: the Udoiana Raunes game series which spoofs the Indiana Jones franchise. And while we're at it, he had also suggested Tales of Bingwood (by the criterion of voice-overs in the game) but that's probably not the game you're looking for.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Good suggestion MrFlibble, but it's not the Udoiana Raunes games. The Indy Jones character is pretty much how I remember 'my' game, but other characters and backgrounds are not right. :blah: Thanks for trying though. :)

Tales of Bingwood isn't it either. The graphics are too advanced. But it looks a really good game. I need to play it. :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Frodo wrote:Tales of Bingwood isn't it either. The graphics are too advanced. But it looks a really good game. I need to play it. :)
Yep, looks neat, it's on my to_play_one_day list. (Looooong list it is)
:)
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

dosraider wrote:
Frodo wrote:Tales of Bingwood isn't it either. The graphics are too advanced. But it looks a really good game. I need to play it. :)
Yep, looks neat, it's on my to_play_one_day list. (Looooong list it is)
:)
It's definately on my 'To Play' list as well :)
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Frodo wrote:Good suggestion MrFlibble, but it's not the Udoiana Raunes games. The Indy Jones character is pretty much how I remember 'my' game, but other characters and backgrounds are not right.
I'll relate the thanks to the person who suggested those. Do you mean the character in Udoiana Raunes looks right, but everything else in those games doesn't? Have you checked the older games in that series (my understanding is that there are at least four games, and older have simpler graphics)?
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Yeah, I mean the main character in Udoiana Raunes looks right, but nothing else. And I checked the other games, but they're still not right. Thanks for trying though. :)

I don't think I've made it clear though - the game itself and the story from 'my' game are not related to Indy Jones. It's only the main character that looks like Indy Jones.

The game mostly took place outside (gardens, fields etc), and not much inside buildings, although there was a closeup of the mountainside. I also seem to remember a pet dog, but I'm not sure about that.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Still hoping somebody knows what this game is. :rolleyes:
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Still looking for this... :cuccoan:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Well, the guys who gave me suggestions seem to have run out of ideas.

I suppose you've also been asking around at places where there are more people who actively play adventure games?
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I made a couple of sketches of the game, hoping it will jog someone's memory.
Apologies for my terrible artistic skills. :shifty:

The neighbour is sitting in his garden, having coffee. We need his 'coaster' from under the cup, so we need to convince him that the caterpiller on his flowers is a rare, deadly caterpiller that will destroy his flowers if he doesn't do something.

We're at a mountainside, and we have to rotate the tiles to make a face. I think, if we do it right, it opens up a secret passageway, allowing us into the mountain.