Monkey Island...for iPhone!

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Monkey Island...for iPhone!

Post by CPT Worm »

This game has been out for a while, but I just found it. I was browsing around the iTunes Store a few days ago, and I clicked on the recommended "classic" games link.

They had the Secret of Monkey Island in the top row, for about $2.99. I remember that I enjoyed the game when I emulated it via a SCUMM emulator on my iBook back in 2004. So, for three bucks, I decided it was worth it.

And let me tell you, it's awesome. The new "special edition" updates that graphics--not the greatest, but still with its own charm--and adds voice work, which greatly improves the presentation.

The control scheme took a couple of minutes to get used to. One click is normally just "Walk to," while double clicking on an object selects the default action, such as "Use" or "Talk to," but only during the first second of hovering over an item.

Plus, if you so desire, anytime throughout the game, you can swipe and switch to "classic" mode. Old-school graphics, no voice-over work, etc. etc.

I just downloaded LeChuck's Revenge to play after I get done with MI1.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
alysonshaw

Post by alysonshaw »

It surely is worth it for just $3 I have it over my phone. :)
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

It worth it but it would have been better if you had look for it in December.
That was the time where more nicer games for iphone were free.

"Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror: Remastered" for iphone/ipad was free for download from 22 to 29 December 2011. "Secret of Monkey Island" (MI1) for iPhone was free for a longer period in Dec11. They were celebrating something forget what or whether it was because the holiday season. Anyway, giving it free encourages people to buy the sequels if they like the one that they are playing.
P.Harry

Post by P.Harry »

Have it on my phone too. It's pretty cheap and I saw that they got tons of downloads so I got intrigued. ;)
nickherc

Post by nickherc »

One of the best adventure games ever. I played it on my phone too, I remember when my college room mate was playing it, and I was like: "Wth? Are you playing Monkey Island on your phone?" :D