Old Game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
fel32

Old Game

Post by fel32 »

Not sure if this one was for DOS or perhaps Windows 95 but all I remember was it was a top-down game set in the future. It started off with a 2D cutscene (Graphic Novel style sort of thing) of a guy sat in a cafe, having lost his job as some sort of commander, seeing a military base or HQ of some kind get destroyed through the window.

Used to play it as a kid and just remember it was stunningly fun for it's time.

If anyone can get it from that, I'll be very impressed.

Thanks in advance,
Fel
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

That rings a bell, but the only thought I could come up with was "Take No Prisoners", and after reviewing YouTube I doubt that is it.

Do you remember around what year it was when you played it?
fel32

RE

Post by fel32 »

I remember it must have been around 97 when I played it, but that may have been significantly later than it's release date.

I'm sure it wasn't Take No Prisoners (remember that one too though!) - it was more of a fly-around-in-ship style thing, you had different weapons, it was just really fun.

Thanks,
Fel
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Re: Old Game

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

fel32 wrote:It started off with a 2D cutscene (Graphic Novel style sort of thing) of a guy sat in a cafe, having lost his job as some sort of commander, seeing a military base or HQ of some kind get destroyed through the window.
Not a cafe, not through a window and not really an HQ, yet still, it's worth a shot.
Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: RE

Post by MrFlibble »

Quadko wrote:That rings a bell, but the only thought I could come up with was "Take No Prisoners", and after reviewing YouTube I doubt that is it.
Heh, Take No Prisoners was my first thought too :)
fel32 wrote:I'm sure it wasn't Take No Prisoners (remember that one too though!) - it was more of a fly-around-in-ship style thing, you had different weapons, it was just really fun.
Ahh, so it's a shoot 'em up, then.
Masa El he'Avar wrote:Not a cafe, not through a window and not really an HQ, yet still, it's worth a shot.
Yep, Zone 66 also came to my mind.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I swore I saw this in the last 6 months or so; it's really bugging me. A quick run through the dos games I was setting up for easy play didn't come up with it.

What I remember is a pilot drinking coffee in a base's "diner" next to a window, when a bomb hits the building across the street. He runs (?) to his ship, and blasts off from an aircraft carrier looking launch pad. (Space carrier? Sci-fi on water?) From then the game is like every other "fly ship around the vertically scrolling background and shoot incoming bad guys". But every time you die, you launch off the carrier again, as I recall. I assume the attack on the base was to explain either the urgency or why you are the only one out there defending the planet.
:)

Does that ring any bells for anyone?
fel32

That's it!

Post by fel32 »

I think that's the one, any names?? :S