Dosgames Forum Facebook Page

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Dosgames Forum Facebook Page

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

I is apparently a authorized spokemen for dosgames, so i make a fb page lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dos-Games ... 0113321634

every1 with fb needs to join, so i grow my epenis! Even the old belgian guy might be forced to learn how to use a computer lmao jk they don't have computers or even 3-story buildings in belgium. rofl
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Who the fuck is Jason Dickson?
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:Who the fuck is Jason Dickson?
That's 'Dixon' :blah:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Dosgames Forum Facebook Page

Post by dosraider »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:....Even dosraider might be forced to reconcile :D
:blah:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Ok so far 1 guy from here has joined so that gives us a total number of 4 members.... If we get 25 members and above we can add our own name to the URL. So c'mon let's have some fun... social network style ;)
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:fun... social network style ;)

That there, is what we call an oxymoron.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Why do we have a Facebook page?

I mean, if we were a church or an author or any kind of physical group, it'd make sense, but we already have our own fan page on the web - you're posting on it! Why do we need a fan site of a fan site? =/
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:Why do we have a Facebook page?

I mean, if we were a church or an author or any kind of physical group, it'd make sense, but we already have our own fan page on the web - you're posting on it! Why do we need a fan site of a fan site? =/
It's kinda like Inception ya see... a dream in a dream within a dream.. this is a fan page of a fan site of the real website... one day no one knows the real site from the fan site until one of us falls from a building :P
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

*Shoves Santhosh out the window*

Well, which is it?
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:*Shoves Santhosh out the window*

Well, which is it?
Ah nice improvisation there Dogbreath but I'm afraid most buildings in my area aren't more than 3 floors hence not enough for the kick... now Belgium on the other hand :D
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

*..... yawn ....*
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:I is apparently a authorized spokemen for dosgames, so i make a fb page lol

every1 with fb needs to join, so i grow my epenis! Even the old belgian guy might be forced to learn how to use a computer lmao jk they don't have computers or even 3-story buildings in belgium. rofl
Wow, this is even more childish than usual. I'm disappointed in you.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:I is apparently a authorized spokemen for dosgames, so i make a fb page lol

I didn't say I was authorized to create a Facebook page or a spokesperson of anything. I JUST created a Facebook fan page for this place and spread the community into Facebook which is where everybody is headed these days and MAYBE bring some new members here, more visitors to the sites etc.. If you joined you'd be admin there along with the rest of you and we could really go big in Facebook cuz till now there are no real pages for dosgames there.

I was even planning on giving this link to my fans, maybe even link it on my site and who knows we could've had hundred members there and gotten new fans of dos games but hey if this is gonna be your attitude go right ahead.

Anywayz thanks a lot to Wally and Wardrich for joining! :)
Last edited by Santhosh CHRiS on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote: Dosraider can't make a witty reply so he uses his already extremely misused mod powers to edit my post.
And once again you bark up the wrong tree.
I did not edit your post.
But now I'm really tempted to delete your topic and ban you once again.
This time it will be a permban.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:
Santhosh CHRiS wrote: Dosraider can't make a witty reply so he uses his already extremely misused mod powers to edit my post.
And once again you bark up the wrong tree.
I did not edit your post.
But now I'm really tempted to delete your topic and ban you once again.
This time it will be a permban.
But your responsible for this place right? Why don't you ban the admin or mod who edited the post for a fucking change eh!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:But your responsible for this place right? Why don't you ban the admin or mod who edited the post for a fucking change eh!
Enough of this crap.
Locked.
Grow up and get a life.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I don't usually like posting in thread other people locked, but I figure I might as well get to say this once:

You care way too much, Santhosh. You spent a grand total of maybe 2 minutes creating a Facebook group with no functionality, complete with an image of Commander Keen so obviously ripped from this site that it still has the banner's color scheme on the borders, and a proclamation that it's "The official Facebook page of Dosgames Forum community!" (Apparently, no one has told you "DOS" is an acronym, "Dos" means "two")

If I had gotten really drunk and created this shit... I probably would've gotten the same reaction, or probably even more direct of one, since no one is afraid that they'll send me off on some fit of anger at the slightest provocation. And then I would have either laughed at myself, or actually taken some time to make a decent group and tried again.

But this has been your behavior for years. You post some work or idea or political theory (see the racist Australians thread) of yours, and sometimes it's great and it receives well deserved praise. Other times, it's rubbish, and instead of accepting the criticism, you become furious and demand people treat your shit like it's made of gold, instead of just taking the criticism and making something better, or changing your mind, or ignoring it. And then you act like you've somehow been betrayed, as if your unwanted sycophancy has earned you special treatment.

That sounds rather harsh, but I think you'll come to realize how much your attitude determines how people react to you. Honestly, you could be completely talentless and post William Shatner-esque spoken word with stick figure movies that rivaled an unabridged reading of "Moby Dick" by John Kerry for entertainment factor, but if you had a fun and cheerful attitude and were able to laugh along with the criticism, you'd still be well loved here. OTOH, even world famous, incredibly talented artists like, say, Christian Bale, are mocked (and deservedly so) for acting like they're the center of the universe.

Or, as Chris Rock says about love, "when you wake up in the morning, you should look yourself in the mirror and say "fuck you!"
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

I edited your post. And I know you know this, because you sent me a nice little PM.

But seriously, DOS gaming is a niche market; it's a taste of nostalgia. I play DOS games (the few that I play) because I remember how much fun I had as a little kid. But, unfortunately, many of the users on Facebook are far too young to remember anything before Windows 95. And those who are old enough and wonder what Commander Keen's up to these days, or whatever fond memory they have of the past, a simple Google search for DOS Games will direct them here. The main website is, after all, the number one hit for "DOS Games."

But DB said it best:
Dogbreath wrote:Why do we have a Facebook page?

Sustinendum Victoriam!