Game Similar to Lemmings but Older and more Arcade-Like

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.

Game Similar to Lemmings but Older and more Arcade-Like

Post by Guest »

I've been googling around and am unable to figure out an old game I used to play. I used to play it on a 286 that only had 5.25 floppies, so probably late 80's with either CGA or EGA. The game has a side view of a flat piece of ground, with multiple gaps/pits in it. There is no scrolling, just a fixed screen. Then multiple men start waking across the screen at a constant speed, and you have a single bridge you can move between the gaps to prevent them from falling/dieing. As the game progresses there are more men (maybe faster?) and possibly more gaps. I think the men were yellow and the bridge red, but not positive. Similar to lemmings I suppose, but earlier and you don't command the men, just the bridge. Also the graphics are much more "zoomed in" than Lemmings, and has more of an arcade feeling.

Any ideas?
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Post by Frodo »

Sounds like the old Game & Watch game, Manhole. B)

Was it definately on PC that you played it.? :rolleyes:
Please click on my dragons, to help them grow - Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

I just looked up Manhole on youtube and that is exactly the gameplay I was trying to describe. I never had any Nintendo products as a kid though, and I'm sure I was playing a similar game on DOS. The only 'gaming' machine I had was that old 286.

Thanks for the lead however, it will give me something else to poke around google with.
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Post by Frodo »

There is a DOS version. Could that be what you are remembering? :shifty:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/26267/Manhole.html
Please click on my dragons, to help them grow - Image Image Image