lurid land

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Riksu

Post by Riksu »

lol so many links
man i love you whoever you are lol, i been trying to play it for ages, literally!

i had just gave up trying to emulate it in dosbox and the win98 thingy coz of trouble, i'm friggin slow at this stuff... :shame:

nice work there, now gonna get busy at weekend lol :D
Gagster

Post by Gagster »

Have anyone of you Dosbox users been able to run this game without sound-issues? The background-music seems to be glitchy when running Lurid Land in Dosbox. It does work fine though if I use Microsoft VirtualPC 2007.

I remember playing this game about 10 years ago, on a demo disc. Although it may resemble Load Runner to some extend, I find this game way superior to Lode Runner. Too bad this game never seemed to run under Windows XP and it's successors, and even worse that almost no one knew this game ever existed.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Gagster wrote:Have anyone of you Dosbox users been able to run this game without sound-issues?
No problems here. Wrong dosbox settings?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Gagster

Post by Gagster »

Maybe it's an OS related issue. I'm currently running Windows 7 btw, 64 bit. The ingame music gets a lot of disturbance, it's the same kind of disturbance that occurs when having a bad connection between your headphones and speakers.

The game itself works well under a Dosbox environment. I even tried to max out the CPU cycles in Dosbox, but did not notice any differences regarding the audio issue (20 000 cycles).

I did try to choose between all the available soundcards in the setup.exe, but nothing there seemed to solve this audio issue. I'm currently running Lurid Land as a game in Virtual PC 2007, using Windows 98 SE as a guest OS.
metafurionx

Post by metafurionx »

I notice there's some audio issue when one accesses the SETUP.EXE directly - without doing it via DOSBox emulation - and changes the sound card.
Maybe your problem?
Gagster

Post by Gagster »

I can't access SETUP.EXE without using Dosbox, because I'm using a 64 bit OS (Windows 7). It may be the onboard soundcard in my cheap motherboard that is the issue. But it doesn't really matter anyway; the game works flawlessly in a Virtual PC 2007 Windows 98 SE environment.
aTCHuNGG

Post by aTCHuNGG »

i'm having problem when i leave the game paused for some time
dosbox simply shutsdown! its annoying specially if i leave the game paused in one of the stages that have no password for it
is it dosbox problem? metafurionx's package problem? or even lurid land problem?
how can i solve this? thank you in advance
(sorry if bad english)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Can be anything, screensaver, energy saving settings, CPU energy saving settings, HD stopping, whatever whatnot.
Try some things out.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.