90's 2D human cannonball game Mac/RISC OS [M*A*T*H*S Circus]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Icesword

90's 2D human cannonball game Mac/RISC OS [M*A*T*H*S Circus]

Post by Icesword »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a game I played in the 90's, these are the things I think it had:
* I played it on either a Macintosh system (pre Mac OS X, possibly System 7) or Acorn RISC OS (possibly on an Acorn Archimedes).
* It might have been one minigame out of many in an overall game (eg like how the game "Circus Charlie" has multiple games inside of it).
* It was played in a 2D side-on perspective (like a 2D platformer perspective), which I think took place on a single screen that didn't scroll.
* The main aim of the game was to shoot something out of a cannon (I think a human stuntman or something) and have the object land in a designated area (which may have been a trampoline, or red line).
* The game might have had a circus theme.
* You could adjust the angle or power of the shot.
* There may have been a dotted path shown to help you see where the cannonball was going to end up after you fired. These lines may have appeared before or after you shot.
* I think there were walls/barriers coming down from the top and coming up from the bottom, and if the cannonball hit a wall, you failed the level. I'm pretty sure the lines would leave a gap for the cannonball/object to get through (like the pipes in flappy bird). I think there could be multiple barriers in a level as well, and possibly in the earlier levels these walls/barriers stayed still and didn't move, and then in the later levels the gap between them would get smaller, and the walls/barriers would move up and down so you would have to time your cannon shot correctly.

Any help on finding this game is appreciated.
Icesword

Post by Icesword »

Hi everyone, I found what I was looking for. It was called "M*A*T*H*S Circus" and one of the minigames inside of it was the cannonball game I described in the first post. Hope this helps out anyone else looking for the game.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Thanks for letting us know! Glad you found it :)