voting

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

voting

Post by Amro »

u should allow user ratings for games and also have a top-ten staff chosen list and a top-ten user chosen list. It'll make it much easier for ppl to discover games like Liero, which is the best game on this site.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

I agree 100%
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Yeah. Not a bad idea.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
lakerzz8
~Lakerz~Fan~

Post by lakerzz8 »

great idea!! except there are not 10 staff memebers...but great idea!
My stories:Story 1
Story 2

Earn money for free! and get paid TODAY!
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

then i geuss they'd all win!!

YAY, WE'RE ALL WINNERS :P
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Thou mean there's 'Vote the best DOS game' page in dosgames.com? (www.dosgames.com/bestgame.php?) And there a possiblity to vote best?
Well emm?
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

I think that's 1/2 of what he's talking about. He also wants, like, a drag-down window that has the numbers 1-10. You pick it, and the average will be the "user-rating".....................and once again, emmzee has taken FOREVER to respond to this topic...............*sigh*........
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Guys, I am in school full time. Dogbreath is officially in charge of the board now that he has admin access. I'll stop by here as often as I can, but please don't expect that I'll reply to all topics.

As for the ratings issue, it's certainly a good idea. However implementation of it is a different story. None of the game listings are stored in any kind of database, they're all hard-coded HTML. I would have to go through and manually edit all of the almost 300 links to add voting code ... this isn't something that I'll be doing anytime soon. ;) One reason why I added the Game Index page was to highlight the highest rated games on the site ...

Of course, it would be nice to put all the games into a database. If only I had had the forethought to design the site that way back about 3 1/2 years ago .... :rolleyes:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament