Make the site simplier

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Make the site simplier

Post by abyss »

I think when you click on a game in the all games menu it should give a direct link to the game.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

The thing is that the site already has NO pop-ups and the advertisement is kept to a minimum level. If emmzee would do as you say he'd probably loose a lot of the money addvertising brings(which btw I don't think it's much).
And come on... How hard is it to just click again to download the game? :rolleyes:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

you tell em larry...lol it makes sense though because without adevrtisments theres no money.. don't be so lazy and just do as larry says :o
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Not worth telling them.
After all they're n00bs. :thumbsup:
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Ro@m tell me somethin... were you not a noob at first? Did you not ask dumb questions? Did the more expirienced members not seriously answer your questions?
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Yeah,right.
I was.
But i didn't ask obvious questions.

Some time before there was an thread Death Rally.

Here:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... eath+rally

You see how much n00bs being posting to give them the full game despite being told dozen time that the game is being sold?
Thanks god wally closed the thread.
So you don't have to tell me about n00bs asking or anything related to n00bs. :rolleyes:
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Actually I don't think it was an obvious question... HH was entitiled to ask it and we had the duty to answer :laugh:

So let it DIE!!!
<center>
</center>

Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

Hehe you are all noobs since you're talking about something you know shit of.

I don't know much about dosgames.com but emmzee once told me that not only the content of his website was oldskool, but also the coding. It would take him a lot of time to put everything in a database or to recode the site with all the html coded pages.

Oh and by the way Larry, if emmzee changes it it would give him more revenues since there are more pages. A lot of websites on the internet are pop-up free so I don't think that makes dosgames.com a one of its kind, and imho the advertisements aren't kept to a minimum..
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

But it's still less advertisement than ANY other download-old-games site I've visited :laugh:

Also I know about the trouble with the games database but this only backs up all I've said that it is better to remain as is, without changes! :thumbsup:
<center>
</center>