JPC To Play Free DOS Games Online

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
junk104

JPC To Play Free DOS Games Online

Post by junk104 »

Load up a hard drive with a catagory of games and allow users to browse to and play games via freeDOS on JPC -
http://www-jpc.physics.ox.ac.uk/home_home.html

Instead of being able to just DOWNLOAD over 500 free dos games, how about being able to play over 500 dos games online?

I'd play em!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

One of our sites, dosgames.cc, allows this to a limited extent.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I like the idea, although there are some problems with it ... I tried the Keen game and it ran super-fast on my computer, it was basically unplayable. Also it looked like about a 5meg total download was required play it, whereas the Keen zip file is only 238k. So for people in countries with slow internet access, the download/DOSBox method would be preferable, especially since every time you wanted to play you'd have to re-download that 5megs.

But I can certainly see the usefulness of this sort of system, and hope it will continue to improve in the future. Is it possible for players to save their games?
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

I also prefer to download the game whenever possible. It's tough enough to wait each time for a Flash game to load or a Youtube video to stream with a connection speed like mine :P