Yet ANOTHER creation of mine

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Swiftman
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Yet ANOTHER creation of mine

Post by Swiftman »

Those of you that know me moderately-to-substandardly well know that I'm quite a writer, and intend to publish a few stories.

I have one that I've been working on for the last few months, and it's progressing nicely. I'll post the prologue here, a very short one, and others can either form their own judgment from there or request more chapters [or ask for the word document]

Prologue

“Amazing…”

Argus looked over his plans.

“It’s so easy… I just need money.”

Which… I have.

Argus stood from his chair. He took a side-step to the left, turned and stepped forward.

But paused.

He reached behind him, without looking, and took in hand a pair of sunglasses that had been lying on the desktop.

He slipped them onto his face. Prescription sunglasses, his limited eyesight was corrected immediately, and the darkened room even darker. This didn’t bother him any, since he knew his room better than he knew his mother.

He walked forward and out. He strode down his small apartment hallway and to the door that led out into the world. Taking his black trenchcoat in hand, he slipped his arms into the sleeves, turned the handle on the door, and paused.

He took in a breath, held it a second, then exhaled, opening the door and shutting it after himself.

He started to leave the apartment building, out the main double-swinging doors, and out into the world. A dark, gloomy, rainy world, in the heat of night.

Into a project of unfathomable ambition.

The first steps towards something that would change the world a hundred times over.

*cough*

Might seem cliche now, but I do try my best in later chapters to avoid stereotypes and the like, so...

Comments, requests for more, via posting here or sending of the word document through email or MSN or AIM, anything at all that acknowledges the existence of this post is overall greatly appreciated.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Erm, I don't get it, what's it about?

Or, you could at least post the title :rolleyes:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Swiftman
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Swiftman »

My apologies.

The title is "The Origin to Build To"
Subject to change come a better title name in mind

The exact aim of the story isn't known until chapter seven, until then you're just reading for the ride, kind of, seeing what's going on to make what's going to happen.

I guess.

Once you hit chapter seven, and you see what all this build-up was about, it gets good, and I try my best to make the characters intriguing enough in the meantime.

The first chapter sets it up nicely, albeit not explaining what it is that's actually going on.

It's not that long a chapter, I could post it here easily
jason07

Post by jason07 »

Yeah, please post some more. I don't exactly know where you're heading to.