.....not-so useful chattering. AKA Gamer_V's lounge.

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

To give you an idea of how fast it is, Millennium Force is over 2 KM long, but takes less than a minute to end after the first drop...

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside ... illennium/

Of course, it's no longer the fastest in the world. That title goes to the Dragster, which goes from 0 to 120 mph in 4 seconds. (If you don't have your head against the back of the seat, the sheer acceleration rate can kill you)

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside ... /index.cfm
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Gamer_V wrote:But seriously, the chance is bigger that you'd get an accident in the house then in a rollercoaster.
Yeah, but then again these are the same people you say that you're more likely to have an accident with 20 miles of your house more than anywhere else.

Think about it. Where do you spend most of your time driving? Near your house. Unless you stay over some place else, you have to be near it at least two times a day.
Where do you spend most of your time living? You spend at least 5-8 hours sleeping at night. Throw in the shower and the kitchen, and you've got a pretty dangerous place.

Of course, then again, falling off of a chair while putting in a light will probably do less harm then having your neck broken by the force caused by by accelerating at a rate of 22 ft/s^2.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

true that mr.worm, falling down the stairs wont be as bad as a roller coaster, i think you got better chance of living by falling down the stairs
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

yeah,when the rollercoaster colapses what will remain of you?
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Well a ride probably won't explode that fast, just derail. There will be a body for burying. :P
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I dont trust rides like that, I really dont... when the carnaval comes here, you should see the people that put together the rides... These people are like hicks, and have no clue how to put them together.. that turned me away a bit from rides
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

Gamer_V wrote:Well a ride probably won't explode that fast, just derail. There will be a body for burying. :P
I don't plan on leaving a corpse for this world.

I'm going out in style!
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hahahah I just dont wanna die from a roller coaster
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

The thing with roller coasters is kind of like airplanes. You either die, or you don't. 99.9998% of the time, you live. Sucks for you if you happen to be that other 0.0002%, but there's really no way to prevent your death. In a car, people at least FEEL they have a chance of adverting their death... even though cars are far more deadly. People just don't like putting their lives in the hands of another person... I don't mind, though.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

yea alot of people told me this, but meh I feel safer in a car where Im in controll and not someone else
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

But there are other people on the road... that's why it isn't safe. Everybody is a sundaydriver, accept you. :P

You'll live:
http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

:P I spose, but but i dont like the fact of how high you go and how fast you go
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

I'm not even going to try convince you of how right I am! :P Good luck if they build a rollercoaster next door to you.
</TD><TD width="50%">
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

naw your not right :laugh:
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

JKSM wrote:For rollercoasters, I prefer not to ride them but mind trying them. Rides like rollcoasters and log rides makes one heart drop as it has the long plunge. Rides like the Wipeout in Gold Coast is still more relaxing yet exciting. An unforgetable experience was the Bermuda Triangle ride in Australia. I was expecting a relaxing ride. The boat went slowing into the tunnel and it became pitch black. All of a sudden, it plunge down a steep slope like a log ride / rollercoaster. :Angry: It gave me a fright :rolleyes: but it was still fun.

I'll make it my dream to visit the Disneyland in Florida as I always wanted to go the largest Dineyland. However, there are no plans to go US in the near future.
Gamer_V wrote:This is just a topic for general talk, so people don't have to open an entire topic
I support your idea 100% and prefer to post here for an off-topic leisure conversation. Probably because the idea / good habit was inculcated in me from another forum where there was one thread specially reserved for conversations and it was strict on spamming. I've seen forums where there was an entire section for spamming and it seem messy but maybe the places had lots of space to waste.

Funny how this thread for spamming personal website became a conversational thread :laugh: then again any other threads could be too.
[JKSM's story moved to Literature]

Sorry, JKSM, this is only a casual conversation topic. Please keep any stories in the proper boards.
(Besides, this might be simply criticism, but it seems like you just clicked emoticons at random and added a lame story. "To get up or not to get up?" is a pretty lame conflict.)
Also, please don't revive 5 month old topics just to give this thread your seal of approval. It obviously hasn't been a good thread if it's been dead for that long.

So, maybe I can try to spark new conversation. You remember the Titantic right? Went down with 1800 souls.

Check this: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/ ... index.html
You'd think in the 21st century we could make these things leak-proof.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Yeah, it must have been pretty wet.
</TD><TD width="50%">
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Who'd have thought the ocean would be wet?
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Please refer to this topic. Please keep any disagreement of my moderation to PMs. (BTW, please check you inbox for my response.)
-Mr. Worm

Mr. Worm wrote:So, maybe I can try to spark new conversation. You remember the Titantic right? Went down with 1800 souls.

Check this: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/ ... index.html
You'd think in the 21st century we could make these things leak-proof.

This is really unfortunate. :( There seems to be more accidents in recent years be it through nature or man-made. The Red Sea has yet again claimed more lives. In old times and now again.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

JKSM wrote:I posted on 4 subjects in the post and the encouragement to Gamer_V in support of her thread was just one of the side subjects.
?cough*her*cough?
</TD><TD width="50%">
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Ouch, that can't be good for the ego Image.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>