Random internet findings

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Oh my, he's in a nitpicking mood again, details, small details ....

Anyway, seriously, the whole thing is a piece of crap anyway.
Do you even want it?
I don't, imagine, changing some vidcard, adding a memstick, switching a HD on that PC .... good to get nightmares just thinking of it.

I'd rather have a 5 years ol'mainframe, and be able to plunge knee-deep in it, fixing stuff, anyday.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Do I look like some rich kid that needs to show off his epeen by forking over $6k+ for a comp that needs to be drained in a bucket before adding extra ram? One comp that'll probably become obsolete within 2 years?

No?

Didn't think so! :P

Not that I could afford it anyway...

Boy, them grapes be sour!
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

http://www.sockandawe.com/ the inevitable video game...
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:01 am Post subject: Random internet findings

This could well be THE oldest Active Thread in the internet. I was 16 years old when it started for crying out loud. Infact this thread should be posted in another forum's thread about amazing Random Findings lol

Ahem... well that was my contribution. I have made my mark in history... finally I can die in peace :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

In pieces or not, if you would die it would be at least a bit quiet here.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:In pieces or not, if you would die it would be at least a bit quiet here.
Ahem... speaking of OLDEST threads, I WONDER who the oldest forum member in history could POSSIBLY be :suspicious:
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
dosraider wrote:In pieces or not, if you would die it would be at least a bit quiet here.
Ahem... speaking of OLDEST threads, I WONDER who the oldest forum member in history could POSSIBLY be :suspicious:
Before he died, Procerus (a member here) was in his early 80s. We also had one 69 year old man come on for a bit. Dosraider might be the oldest living member.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:
Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
Before he died, Procerus (a member here) was in his early 80s. We also had one 69 year old man come on for a bit. Dosraider might be the oldest living member.
Very sad to hear about Procerus. My landlord died recently at 79 himself, and my grandfather nearly died few days ago but thankfully recovered thanks to some quick medical attention. He's 83 by the way.

No matter how old they get you always wish they could stick around just a little longer but alas... Man was not meant to live forever... and if Science is right and there's no heaven or God this is all we have and the memories they leave behind :(
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
No matter how old they get you always wish they could stick around just a little longer but alas... Man was not meant to live forever... and if Science is right and there's no heaven or God this is all we have and the memories they leave behind :(
This was maybe, 4 years ago?

I don't get your meaning behind "if science is right and there's no heaven or God." I don't recall science being a religion last I checked? I've never met a scientist who claims that science proves God's nonexistence. (though I've met atheist scientists, and also scientists who are Christian - such as my friend Julie)

Also: sheep pong!
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

Starting out at $2,999?

For that price and considering how quickly technology is evolving, I'd rather than use the computer I've already got, watch it die in a few years time, and buy myself a newer, better computer.

Said newer better computer would probably be much better than if I'd bought one of those "hard-core" computers that few years earlier, and I'd end up saving myself a lot of money.

Back to the thread talk though -- 4 years, that's neat. ^.^

Not too long ago, I went back and read through some of my old posts from when I was first starting out here. Gawd, I was unbelievably retarded back then. XD
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Really, compared to certain other Australians here, your first posts look like you're a fucking genius.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Dogbreath wrote:Also: sheep pong!
:D
LMAO.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Dogbreath wrote:Really, compared to certain other Australians here, your first posts look like you're a fucking genius.
Hey wait just a minute here, I take offen... ohh, you're talking about Wally, nevermind...

In other news...
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Aw, I totally forgot! :upset:
<center>
</center>

dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

http://www.ted.com/talks/pattie_maes_de ... sense.html

O_O

Simple and easy enough to become popular, powerful enough to really destroy any barriers between virtual and actual reality.

I hope this gets developed commercially.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

If you're kinda hypochondriasis don't click on:
http://www.phobialist.com/reverse.html
:huh:
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Ahmagad! Now I got phobiaphobia!

Damn you! :angry:
<center>
</center>