Random internet findings

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:Bumpy road.
:blah:
Lol. That was awesome! The kid was kind of retarded though cuz it's extremely dangerous... luckily he won't suffer from too much brain damage atleast :laugh:

Btw I love the new caption above my avatar "Weird Moonwalker" lol. Thanks!! I am truly touched and honored to carry on the legacy left by the late Michael Jackson :D
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
dosraider wrote:Bumpy road.
:blah:
Lol. That was awesome! The kid was kind of retarded though cuz it's extremely dangerous... luckily he won't suffer from too much brain damage atleast :laugh:
Not 'he', but 'she'.
As it's a she, the 'she' makes it a no-brain anyway, she can't suffer brain damage.
Hopefully Gamer won't read this ....

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:Btw I love the new caption above my avatar "Weird Moonwalker" lol. Thanks!! I am truly touched and honored to carry on the legacy left by the late Michael Jackson :D
I thought it was about time you got something that suits you.
It took me several days of hard work to create a title especially for you.
:jester:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

dosraider wrote:
Santhosh CHRiS wrote:Btw I love the new caption above my avatar "Weird Moonwalker" lol. Thanks!! I am truly touched and honored to carry on the legacy left by the late Michael Jackson :D

And many kittens were killed in the process.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Larry Laffer wrote:
dosraider wrote:

And many kittens were killed in the process.

There are many being killed as we speak :(

Dosraider killed 2 this morning :laugh:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote: Dosraider killed 2 this morning :laugh:
Twice in a row on my 54'th...? I wish I still could. One, yes, and hardly....
:cry:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:
Aw... you beat my all time record :(
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

dosraider wrote:
Is it your birthday? Or should I take 54'th in a different context?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Born 06 nov 1955.
Technically 'only' 53 .... :P
Last edited by dosraider on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Born on Armistice Day, then. And here I was thinking you were born on the actual Armistice Day... you're younger than I thought!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Ahem, sorry, it's 06 nov, not 11 nov, me was confused with Eur/Eng day/month month/day date notification.

Will learn me to check my posts ......

Arf arf, sorry.
LMAO.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Lol... that was funny Larry :D
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

<i>"Do you remember that dream you had, where the sound chips from the beloved games consoles of your youth all got together and formed a Weezer tribute band? Yeah? No? OK. That dream is about to come true whether you had it or not."</i>

Full set of mp3s:
http://www.ptesquad.com/more/pte018.html

Personal favs: In the Garage, El Scorcho, Buddy Holly

Unfortunately there's singing on some of the songs which kinda ruins 'em imho, but the ones noted above are good at least :)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Swine Flu Cure

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

It seems the quickly spreading deadly "Swine Flu" epidemic has finally found a cure or atleast something to keep the disease at bay.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/242/20090812/1 ... t-b_1.html
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Pft! Swine Flu!

Y'all need to stop worrying! At least till Raptor Flu appears. Then you're screwed!
<center>
</center>

CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Re: Swine Flu Cure

Post by CPT Worm »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:It seems the quickly spreading deadly "Swine Flu" epidemic has finally found a cure or atleast something to keep the disease at bay.

I find that article highly dubious. Just the way that it's written seems very...suspicious to me.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

2LT Worm wrote:
Santhosh CHRiS wrote:It seems the quickly spreading deadly "Swine Flu" epidemic has finally found a cure or atleast something to keep the disease at bay.

I find that article highly dubious. Just the way that it's written seems very...suspicious to me.
Everything seems suspicious to you. Anywayz I guess the only way to find out if the cure really works is to get someone infected... any volunteers? Your name will go down in history for it :laugh:
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Oh and speaking of History here is some sad part of it. I was literally in tears when I first saw this scene in the "Gandhi" movie :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojOkGSTzxyY

Happy Independence Day India
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
2LT Worm wrote:

Everything seems suspicious to you. Anywayz I guess the only way to find out if the cure really works is to get someone infected... any volunteers? Your name will go down in history for it :laugh:
Well, it's not very solid, objective journalism.

Let's break it down:
Tulsi, the purest and most sublime plant, has been known and worshipped in India for more than five millennia for its remarkable healing properties.
Based on what? It might be sacred in a religion, but that doesn't mean an independent news source should claim that as fact. That bolded part is a red flag.
"The anti-flu property of Tulsi has been discovered by medical experts across the world quite recently. Tulsi improves the body's overall defence mechanism including its ability to fight viral diseases. It was successfully used in combating Japanese Encephalitis and the same theory applies to swine flu," Dr U K Tiwari, a herbal medicine practitioner says.
It has? Then why the hell haven't I heard of it?
"Tulsi can control swine flu and it should be taken in fresh form. Juice or paste of at least 20-25 medium sized leaves should be consumed twice a day on an empty stomach." This increases the resistance of the body and, thereby, reduces the chances of inviting swine flu," believes Patel.
So essentially, you saying that we should take this as a vitamin, with a pretty serious regiment. I have trouble remembering to take my multivitamin some days.
As its name suggests, Tulsi has again proved to be the 'the incomparable' medicine - this time, in the prevention and cure of swine flu.
What exactly does the name suggest? Maybe if you used its common English name in an article written in English, which is Holy Basil, we could see what exactly the name suggests. But no, you decide to alien all of your readers that can't read or understand Sanskrit or Hindi.
A significant number of people who have been infected with novel H1N1 flu virus also have reported diarrhea and vomiting. The high risk groups for novel H1N1 flu are not known at this time, but it's possible that they may be the same as for seasonal influenza. However, Please consult a practitioner in case of any such symptoms. Doctors have strictly advised against self medication.
First off, "Please" needs to be lowercase. (Is there even an editor of this "news" source?)
And I'm glad they threw the final line in. Of course it's from the negative and antagonizing viewpoint that some mean, old, grumpy doctor has said that you needs to talk to them, like they know anything. It's not like they've gone to schools for years and years just to treat illnesses in the human body. But that aside, it just goes to show that you can rant and extol the virtues of any controversal and unproven medicine as long as you put in "See your doctor first."
Sustinendum Victoriam!