U.S. Soldiers = examples of dignity, respect, and justice?

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

If you had watched one of the people you're torturing blow your best friend to pieces right in front of you might be too...
Interon

Post by Interon »

But having them do gay sex!? :shifty:
markos

Post by markos »

Dogbreath wrote:If you had watched one of the people you're torturing blow your best friend to pieces right in front of you might be too...
are you for real? even if that was true, while its most likely not with that bunch of criminals, thats still no excuse. they dont have the right to revenge anyone! they are there to follow orders.

"Now, tell me, how does a couple of soldiers committing a crime (for which they're being punished, btw) translate into "the evil U.S. empire torturing and oppressing the poor Iraqi people"?!?!? Did you even read the articles you linked to? "

oh my. be rational. if it were some cops back in ohio or something, then your reasoning MIGHT have a chance. but not abroad. not in iraq. not in a country where controversy is still so alive, agitated and ready to burst. Those soldiers are chosen ones, Dogbreath. they arent like those Ohio cops, people who can't do anything else, so they become cops. They are elite soldiers, taken abroad to defend the ideals of America, and to show what it really means to be an American. a fine representation indeed.

you want to see more of how a bunch of mindbogglingly saddistic soldiers can make America appear worse than Saddam? check this out. http://srvx.speckz.net/~bf1942/DontLoot.wmv these bastards, "protectors of justice", run over that guy's car with a tank, as a punishment for stealing some wood. :Angry:

"David D. Perlmutter, a historian of war and media at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, said the decision showed that U.S. editors understood what kind of war coverage interested U.S. readers.

The torture pictures are absolutely irrelevant,” said Perlmutter, the author of “Visions of War: Picturing Warfare from the Stone Age to the Cyberage.”

“Americans care about American soldiers, and only journalistic and political and academic elites fret about pictures of collateral damage,” he said. “... If you start talking to the public, you’ll find people sympathizing with the soldiers.”"

voila. public sympathizing with the soldiers. once again, American patriotism wins even in this forum.

so long.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Once again you blatantly ignore the fact that these soldiers *are* being punished. You make it out as if this behavior was encouraged, not criminalized. So what, 17 out of ~2,000,000 soldiers goofs up-whatta you expect them to be, angels?
oh my. be rational. if it were some cops back in ohio or something, then your reasoning MIGHT have a chance. but not abroad. not in iraq. not in a country where controversy is still so alive, agitated and ready to burst. Those soldiers are chosen ones, Dogbreath. they arent like those Ohio cops, people who can't do anything else, so they become cops. They are elite soldiers, taken abroad to defend the ideals of America, and to show what it really means to be an American. a fine representation indeed.
Your straw man attack is ridiculous. You have hundreds of thousands of troops there, 99.99% of them have never committed a felony in their life and are excellent members of society. Now, 17 (0.01) of them do something disreputable and you blame the other 99.99% of them for it? That's a logical fallacy of laughable proportions, similar to me declaring that I think all black people are ruthless sadistic murderers because one black man happened to commit murder.

In response to your ludicrous claim that what David D. Perlmutter says has anything to do with the opinion of this forum, I think what happened was terrible and the soldiers responsible should be punished severely. However-saying that a huge amount of troops are somehow accountable for what a handful of their comrades did is just plain bigoted stupidity that even a 6 year old is above mentally.

I would recommend you calm down and reason logically before you did yourself into a deeper hole.
markos

Post by markos »

dig*
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

*Tosses markos a new shovel*

Be careful not to get any dents in it!
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Faster! Faster!

Man, he's pretty far down there already...
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
BillyBob

Post by BillyBob »

I saw the video. I think I recognized one of those jackasses!

Some Americans were raised to not have any respect for anyone else. By involving a tank ( piece of military hardware) and using it as a toy, those troops in the video should be courtmarshalled themselves. It's almost like the President doesn't realize we have domestic terrorists (aka street thugs) in the Army. :shame:
Mac haters UNITE!
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

Stop using insults (even though it's really tempting). Instead, give your opinion and listen to others'.

Stop fussing, there isn't anything else the army can do except punish those guys, and arguing here makes no difference whatsoever (except postcount)
Interon

Post by Interon »

I suppose our expectations are too high for the army, then those expectations were unfulfilled and we're shocked. Oh well...
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

In any given group that large there are bound to be a couple of bad apples. It's not the Army's fault. I do, however, think they should have a lot tougher routine phycological exams-it'd help weed out nutcases like these.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Now that I think about it, I have no sympathy for the victims.

Now, I know you're all going to snap at me saying I don't know anything because I'm young, but I'm just stating my opinion:

Daniel Pearl was kidnapped, and shot in the head on camera. Do you hear Arabic folks saying how horrible that was? I don't think so.

These people in the prison camp. Why should US soldiers be kissing their asses, and treating them like royalty, after they just got through getting shot at by them? I would have done the same thing.

Fire away.
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

uhh.... cuz it's the law, dude. It's not that you're too young, you don't know how wars are faught. You don't get "back" or hate the other guys cuz they kill your buddies....remember: you're doing the same to them.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

The higher the expectations. The more the let-downs...

Dogbreath stole all my comments... :(

Dude who started this- Out a group of people, one person breaks a rule. Do you blame the man or the group? The man for doing it or the group that didn't catch him in time.
Webmaster- <a href="http://www.dosgames.com/~bobo">Bobo's DOSGames</a>
^ Biggest Dos 3D Shooters site in the World! :)
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Over <b>100900</b> Downloads since 2004
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Amro wrote:uhh.... cuz it's the law, dude.
As many people before me have said:

FUCK THE POLICE!!!
Interon

Post by Interon »

Well, it's those people vs. the Law. Who will win?
denrix
<font color=CC00CC><i>*Special*</font>

Post by denrix »

Bobo wrote:Dude who started this- Out a group of people, one person breaks a rule. Do you blame the man or the group? The man for doing it or the group that didn't catch him in time.
not blaming the group. blaming the one who is in charge of that group of people. the leaders are to blame, not the followers. the brain, not the fingers who pull the trigger.
sasha: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have sex with my boyfriend.
Interon

Post by Interon »

Well the soldiers are not quite like robots...
denrix

Post by denrix »

oh, but they are.
sasha: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have sex with my boyfriend.
Interon

Post by Interon »

OK who's correct, me or denrix?