Any opinions about Microsoft's announcements?

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
briyelle

Post by briyelle »

I was really excited to see Microsoft's annoucements last week, but I ended up very disappointed. I love videogames and I have both XBOX and PlayStation, but I enjoy more playing on XBOX, so I was expecting some juicy news (specially since they've been buying so good studios lately). Instead of that, we saw... some meh games and a really shitty Halo.

Let me be clear, I don't think it's developers' fault, they've probably have pressure enough and they should have more time to prepare, but come on... it looks like a 2010 game. I've been reading some people saying that it's because there's no crunch, and honestly what a LIE. First of all, I'm pretty sure there are (and it shouldn't! As I just said, I think they needed more time, no one should work with that kind of pressure, the 'crunch culture' should end, what are HR departments doing about this? I read an article about productivity and it's not that hard to not exploit people), but secondly, if there's no crunch and they need more time, CEO has to know it. In my opinion, the right thing would've been not including Halo in the anouncements and make it's own trailer later, closer to the release date.

I know there's plenty of people disappointed with that event, but I also read some people (XBOX fans of course) defending it. What do you think about this?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Apologies for a blunt question, but did you sign up here specifically to ask this question? This forum is about DOS games mostly, I'm not even sure if any of the regulars have consoles (I don't).
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I've actually picked up a couple of older consoles & suitable games, like an original Xbox & a PS2 just to see what the hubbub was all about way back when they were new...turned out to be 'much ado about nothing' (so far), IMO of course. What Microsoft (or other console manufacturers) announces does not even show up on my radar anymore, if it ever did, so I have no opinions on them, I'm more interested in what is said about games long after the releases, and not the more likely hype at the beginning.
Comftestunfof

Post by Comftestunfof »

First of all Im still russian living in Moscow. For a while Im living in Italy but just for a while. Russian id3 is not the most mpotant thing for me but still fun to have it. Next, Im not going to play neather soccer no football with player, but can fall off snowboard or inlines. And the last - did somebdy ever made a rewiew of hdd based mp3 players? The only thing I know and it attracts me at Zen NX is nice price.
francisbaud

Post by francisbaud »

It would have been a good idea to include a link to the announcement. I guess that you mean this video: Xbox Games Showcase (v=fjS3EHKWPxY). I wasn't impressed by the cinematic for Halo Infinite, seemed like the conversation in the ship was pretty random and immersion breaking. As for the graphics and 3D models in the game they resemble a lot to the first Halo, no stunning changes imo.