Old Bit BBS - new community website about old games, BBSes..

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
roylaza

Old Bit BBS - new community website about old games, BBSes..

Post by roylaza »

Hello Everyone.

I'd like to invite you to join a new Community website devoted to BBSes, ANSI art and old games and programs of the era.

Old Bit BBS
http://www.oldbitbbs.com/

The website includes:

- BBS-style theme with ANSI art, color codes you can use anywhere (including your handle), and an optional keyboard navigation like in the good ol' days.
- Extensive message board area covering many topics from the era and beyond.
- Norton Commander-style Files Area where anyone can add the games and programs that stole their youth back in the day.
- ANSI gallery
- Oneliners! old-skool style.
- Chat with online members.
- BBS list
- Community driven - members can add content as well as ANSI screens to shape the website, Badges are awarded to top contributing members.

Hope to see you at Old Bit BBS.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

... I should delete this topic, as it's advertising your site.

But it looks so darn good.

Lovely site. :)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

Very retro, nice design.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Much respect with that site. It's really captured the classic BBS feel. You should get a telnet server up to run alongside it. I'd much prefer viewing it with Telnet.
liuvincent19

Post by liuvincent19 »

color codes you can use anywhere (including your handle), and an optional keyboard navigation like in the good ol' days.
- Extensive message board area covering many topics from the era and beyond.
- Norton Commander-style Files Area where anyone can add the games and programs that stole their youth back in the day.
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

Very nice indeed. :)
wardrich wrote:Much respect with that site. It's really captured the classic BBS feel. You should get a telnet server up to run alongside it. I'd much prefer viewing it with Telnet.
That is very true.

Honestly, I don't use Telnet very often.. Once in a blue moon, maybe.. But, there truly isn't enough public Telnet servers running nowadays. Might actually be something worth looking into, all in consideration.

Not sure if I'll end up joining or not, because, to be honest, I simply don't think I'd have very much I could contribute to a community like that. It looks awesome, and it's already ended up in my bookmarks - I'll probably end up trolling from time to time. But in terms of joining and posting content, not so sure.

I love gaming and all, but simply don't get enough time to actually do it with work and other commitments nowadays. Even here at DOSGames - Main reason I'm still here, is because I know people here - I've been a member of DOSGames for longer than any other community I know of on the internet which is actually still online to-date, so naturally, I've got a bit of sentiment attached to this place. But, even that being said, I mostly post in the General Off-Topic, simply, because I don't have much worthwhile to actually contribute to anything else.

But that's just me.

Seriously though, that's one awesome looking site. If I may ask, how long have you been working on it? :)