Introduce Yourself!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Greetings everyone. Been using the main site for years (2003 i think?), thought it was time to sign up. A small time game player, aspiring amateur game programmer. Hope to learn a lot here and share some knowledge of my own.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Welcome on DGForum JohnM.
:)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
petran79

Post by petran79 »

Hallo, first time user here!

MS-DOS gaming (and Amiga gaming prior to that) was the best gaming era I experienced and it would only be natural to be a part of this site for info and exchange of opinions.

Thanks for all your efforts to make and keep this site noteworthy.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Hello petran79, be welcome.
:)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
wolfcub7

Post by wolfcub7 »

Hi!

I haven't been playing much video games since my teenage years because I got sucked into creative writing and forum roleplaying which is based on that...But like most young boys, I was very much into video games and PC games in the late 80s and early/mid-90. Recently I had a nostalgia blast and bought back Sega Mega Drive and started collecting back my favourite games. I also need to look into if there's any free or reasonably cheap legal way to get to Commodore 64 games...I loved some of them to bits! My Playstation 2 has been sitting there unused for years though I have a couple of fun games for it like The Lord of the Rings and Crazy Taxi, but...somehow Sega MD and Nintendo games just entertained me much more.

As did the old DOS-games. I played them just about as much as I did Sega and Nintendo games, so naturally in my nostalgia I had to dig them up and I'm glad I found this site and forum and that so many awesome games have survived. :love:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Welcome to dosgames.com :)
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Man, I missed my 10 year DOSGAMES Anniversary (since phpBB) [Can't remember how long I was registered on iB for, and I was a lurker of the "GhettoBoard" for a bit, too]. Hard to believe it's been so long!

Shout outs to all the originals that have come and gone:

- Check-Mate
- Gamer
- Procerus
- JtA
- Da_Goat
- Emmzee
- Thunderdog
- Dogbreath
- NPS
- Lakerzz8
- Jean
- Kazer0
- Procerus
- Oz
- 486Player
- Moo
- Bobo
- TravisLewisX
- Jean

And of course, the man himself
- emmzee

Sorry to those I've forgotten on this list. Been a long, great time. Happy to have you guys in my "digital" family, sorry for being so distant! Wherever you are in your lives now, I hope things are great!

-Wardrich-
Last edited by wardrich on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
awky

Post by awky »

Greetings! I was an ancient member of this forum and Gamehippo, and as of late, thought about the old group and how much some of you meant to me at that time in my life. I thought to come back, here, and seek out a few of my lost friends.
It's been a decade, and I hope I'm still welcome. I wasn't half the man y'all deserved.
Landskroner

Post by Landskroner »

new here

name: Landskroner
height: 5'9
fav game: adventure

:racing:
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

HI Landskroner! Hope you like it here. :)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe I am really late. Well, I never really officially introduced myself. So I guess here it is. What haven't I say so already haha.

I guess right now is the best time to confess that I am bored of programming however I like it. Wait, I think I am confused and dazed or is that dazed and confused. hehe

Anyways, my mind is totally tired out right now from studying the whole week. I just could not put the book down. hehe I know I probably need to review it later. However, I do best when I cram. You know - C grade is best hehe I'm just joking.

I hope you all have a safe Holiday. Thank you for having me around. Being away from this place for a while makes me realize how lonely it gets with no one to hang out with.

However, it gives me time to self-improve and increase in my programming for my work so that is a trade-off.
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
creepingnet

Post by creepingnet »

Just joined, have been on a retro DOS/Win16 kick lately and back up to my old stuff. So elo' there!

Name: Mad-Mike
Martial Status: Happily Married
Favorite movies: Mad Max, Police Academy Movies, Cannonball Run movies
Least Favorite Movies: Rom Coms, Crappy Remakes, Made for TV Sequels, and pretty much anything else made in the past 20 years
Favorite Books: Technical Manuals, Biographies, and stuff by Charles Burkowski
Least Favorite books: Most Fiction, Self-Help
Hobbies: Guitar & Bass (playing/building/modifying), Retro-Computing, Retro-Gaming, electronics, and mechanical stuff (Cars, lawn mowers, etc...)
Favorite subjects in school: Guitar, Video Productions, and Typing
My DOS Boxen
1985 Tandy 1000A - 640K/540MB/8088/MS622
1989 GEM 286 - 6MB/540MB/286-12/MS622
1992 Compaq Portable 486c - 48M/256M/MS622
1995 Home Built 486 - 64M/8GB/DOS/WFWG/W95
xenial

Post by xenial »

What's up dosgames. I'm a 33 year old nerd. I have an Associate's Degree in Industrial Electronics Tech, and working on a second degree in Computer Administration. I like classic games, music, and Subway sandwiches. Eat fresh!

:D
goosebumps

Post by goosebumps »

Name: Bella
Favorite Game: Resident Evil Series
Last Movie seen: Amityville: The Awakening
Favorite Movie: A Cinderella Story
Saddest Movie: A Walk to Remember
Ylaliee

Introduce Yourself!

Post by Ylaliee »

Hi all, I'm Dmity from Frankfurt.
Dmitry
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Introduce Yourself!

Post by emmzee »

Hello and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
florianweber

Introduce Yourself!

Post by florianweber »

Hi everyone, I'm Florian from Dresden.
I work in the company <snipped>, write reviews for various <snipped>.
MaverickUK

Introduce Yourself!

Post by MaverickUK »

Howdy folks

I'm Peter from the UK

Long time gamer - I post about my adventures on StrifeStreams dot com as it keeps me amused to have an outlet

I've got an (liveable) attic full of retro consoles and PC builds from various years.

Recently I've been putting together a milleinum era PC featuring GeForce 2 GTS and Aureal Vortex 2 sound card. Perfect for playing Thief 2 with 3D audio! :D
NY00123

Introduce Yourself!

Post by NY00123 »

Hey there,

I'm mostly known as NY00123 around places like forums that revolve around video games (usually old ones).
While I was originally just into playing games many years ago, related coding works were gradually becoming more common. Some form of reverse-engineering also has its shares of time.
MaverickUK wrote: Howdy folks

I'm Peter from the UK

Long time gamer - I post about my adventures on StrifeStreams dot com as it keeps me amused to have an outlet

I've got an (liveable) attic full of retro consoles and PC builds from various years.

Recently I've been putting together a milleinum era PC featuring GeForce 2 GTS and Aureal Vortex 2 sound card. Perfect for playing Thief 2 with 3D audio! :D
Well, this might be an interesting coincidence! I recently wanted to join these forums for a totally unrelated reason. As it turns out, around the time you told me about Strife Forever, you also created an account here. It's been nice to see you bringing older Strife comics back to life, while also uploading a new one earlier today.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Introduce Yourself!

Post by MrFlibble »

Hi there NY00123, and welcome to the forums!

It's pretty quiet here these days, apart from the Find Old Games section though.