Introduce Yourself!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
denrix
<font color=CC00CC><i>*Special*</font>

Post by denrix »

no, it won't.
sasha: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have sex with my boyfriend.
Homz
Expert
Expert

Post by Homz »

Hi everyone.

I'm back. Again.

Due to the stress of Grade 9, combatting my difficulties with staying focused on schoolwork and such, as I am homeschooled, I will be less active in the forum. Also, I have started work on my first ZZT game, The Black Pyramid, to be released by my new ZZT company, Twilight Games, sometime around Halloween, hopefully, which reduces the time I have to post.

A little update on me (since this seems to be the fashionable thing to do lately):

Name: Blair
Location: Waterloo Region, Ontario (no, I'm not getting any more specific)
Favorite subjects in school: Math, Piano, Programming :laugh: .
Favorite computer games:
DOS: Probably Commander Keen in general. I have great childhood memories of playing that on my Dad's office computer. Also, ZZT, Reaping the Dungeon, MZX, and Ken's Labyrinth.
ZZT: ESP, definitely! But also Myth's games, and Software Visions and Interactive Fiction stuff. Also, games by a certain individual named *Darren Hewer* or *emmzee* I still can't figure out why it sounds so strangely familiar.
Windows (writhe in agony 486! j/k): Midtown Madness, Alpha Centauri, Myst/Riven.
Favorite movie: Probably Sneakers. I also liked LOTR, Wrath of Khan, K-PAX, and Mask of Zorro, though.
Last movie seen: Um. Probably O Brother Where Art Thou?, which had to much swearing for my liking.
Favorite book: Probably Mossflower. I like a lot of Brian Jacque's stuff, as well as Agatha Christie, and I've also enjoyed Father Brown short story collections, The 39 Steps, and The Wolves of Willoughby Chase sequence.

Well, that's it for now.
"You believe me," I said gratefully.
"Of course I do," and he held out his hand. "I believe everything out of the common. The only thing to distrust is the normal."

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan,
Chapter III
Do you like medieval fighting games or RPG's?
Click aici.
SHOETAQUILLA

Post by SHOETAQUILLA »

Name: Adam

Fave Games: First Person Shooters
Fave Movies: Horrors
Fave Music: Dance, Metal
Fave Food: Chinese...nuthing beats 2 dolla Friet Rys!!
Give Me Blood, Guts n' Glory...Shoot to Kill!!
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Full name: Akseli Johannes Tarkkio (yeah, I'm a finn)
Interests: Computers, music, Legos
Other info: I'm a webmaster. I make music (what was it in english? Compositor?)
E-mail: [email protected]
Favourite game: Half-life series, or Red Faction (it has the best editor I've ever seen)
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Composer.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Yeah, a composer. And I forgot (as usual) Magic the Gathering from above. Yeah, I play MTG.
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

-yay- Magic Teh Gathering... lol, I used to be a feind at that game... then I stopped playing.

-Richard-
b|ackMagic
Banned

Post by b|ackMagic »

Hi, My name is Tony and i am from Washington state. Im 26 years old......and i like DoSgames. Istnt that all that matters?
There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Core_12 wrote:Full name: Akseli Johannes Tarkkio (yeah, I'm a finn)
WOW :wow: You have the fastest loading site I've ever seen! Text-based has it's advantages.

As a programer you may've seen IrfanView, by a fellow European. If not I highly recommend a look. See IrfanView.com

IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP. It is simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.

IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support. One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIFF support. The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.

Some IrfanView features:
Many supported file formats
Multi language support
Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like "I Agree" or "Evaluation expired"
No registry changes without user action/permission!
and many many more.
Sig: "The Universe is change... but it is not exact change." -Fusco Bros.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Nope, haven't seen it before. What is it anyway? An image viewer? A website builder? Those ads didn't tell me much.

If it's a site builder, I'll ignore it. I enjoy building my sites with a single notepad and IEX (Internet Explorer version X (meaning any version)).

And yes, my site loads fast. I personally hate those 'an hour loading' sites, so I decided to make mine quick. All sizy materials are put on a separate page like large images and the like. Actually the base site is all just text and those vertical lines. (well, there's the visits counter, current date viewer, random message displayer... etc.)

Should I put there different color schemes to pick from?

...there was fun."

johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Infranview is one of the best freeware image view and manip progs I've found. It's now my default for all image file types. Havalook. :wow:
Sig: "The Universe is change... but it is not exact change." -Fusco Bros.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Nah. I'm happy with my Ulead Photo Express 2.0 SE. That red galaxy (my avatar) is actually a shrinked image that I made with UPE from another image by distorting, coloring and putting special effects. The big thing can be found from my website. And the simplest image modifications I do with Paint. :D

...there was fun."

Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Yeah, I use Irfanview for my screenshots and stuff too.
JL143
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by JL143 »

Hi, I am JL143, and I just joined here. I usually hang out at Gamehippo, but they are getting a little boring, so I am gonna hang out here now as well.

Thats about it...
denrix

Post by denrix »

gamehippo?! boring?! fukk you!

btw, check out GH the Clan homepage too. we're cool. B)
JL143
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by JL143 »

I didn't mean for that to be a hit against GH, I just think that their topics have been lacking a certain "flare" lately.
denrix

Post by denrix »

well, I've posted 80 % of the recent threads in general non gaming there. and none of you fools would keep playing with me!
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

Not to mention you failed several times when trying to trick people.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

dnirex wrote:gamehippo?! boring?! fukk you!

btw, check out GH the Clan homepage too. we're cool. B)
No swearing.
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

Its not against the rules.
Forum Rules; Dogbreath wrote:e- Because we believe in freedom of expression, these forums have no censors and you're free to say whatever you please. (So long as it abides by all the other rules here and isn't illegal) We'd ask that you not abuse this and use excessive profanity in your posts. Finally, and most importantly, if you constantly string their posts with obscenities chances are most people aren't going to take you very seriously.
If DB wanted no swearing, he would have added censors.