POOF!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

ARGH!

:Angry:

It just so happens that since I got my permit late, I can't get my license 'til the 28th. And it appears that the only approved identification for the jobs I'm interested in is a license. Therefore, I'm stuck in a rutter. So I'll be posting this week, but that's it. I've already begun going outside more and talking to more people, though, so I still won't be on as much. I also need to do my schoolwork super fast but incredibly thorough.....
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

sweet

avoid the double post, yougin' -Goat
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

No it's not.
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

I don't know why it keeps double-posting. Doesn't make any sense.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Goat: Um, I manage to balence a very active social life and this community easily. Just don't over do it on the computer and I don't know why it would be hard for you to stay with us. =/
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Me too. And I have a job. It only takes 5 minutes a day to post here. And another 10 for gamehippo at the most.
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Dogbreath wrote:Goat: Um, I manage to balence a very active social life and this community easily. Just don't over do it on the computer and I don't know why it would be hard for you to stay with us. =/
Me too. It was just that I wanted to improve my social life. I go over to my friend's houses often, and I listen to people, but I usually only talk to people who I know fairly well. The main reason I posted this here for was the job, religion (I'm going to start "auxilary pioneering"; this means I'm going to dedicate 50 hours a month to preaching), and some other things I don't care to mention. All things will fall into their rightful place once I get a car.......................................which I don't have yet.
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Tell me you arnt going door-to-door saying that your religion is best....
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Yeah, I hate it when the pious cult-types do that. If they start threatening me, I usually just tell 'em to fuck off or I'll call the police.
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Door-to-door, yes. Telling people my religion is better than there's, no. We're only sharing bible truths, and if people say "we're not interested" or "I'm busy" we'll leave. If people don't answer the door, we come back to find them at home. I have never seen a Jehovah's Witness threaten anybody. Maybe they were mormons or something (not to offend any mormons here. I've just heard some things about mormons before, though I personally have never experienced it......though I think that might be because they don't think they can talk to people under 18 :rolleyes: ).

Here's how a normal conversation goes:

*door opens*
Us: "Hello, do you think I could share a scripture with you?"

Them: "Sure, go ahead"

*I read scripture and ask question based on scripture*

Them: Yes"/"no"/"I don't know/[some other answer depending on the question]"

Us: "Well, that is a very common answer" or I find common ground with them. "This magazine here goes into detail on that question, and I'd like to leave it with you if you'd be interested."

Them: "How much does it cost? I'm not falling into one of these schemes again."

Us: "It's completely free."

Them: "Really?"

Us: "Yes."

Them: "Okay."

Us: "Okay, well, maybe I'll come back to see how you like them in a week or so."

Them "Okay"

If they don't want to talk to us, they insert "I'm busy" or "I'm not interested" into any part of that conversation. Sometimes we also offer Bible studies, where we, uh, study the Bible in depth.

Dogbreath: Jehovah's Witnesses are as cult-like as Mormon's or Catholics.
Pious:
1.Having or exhibiting religious reverence; earnestly compliant in the observance of religion; devout. See Synonyms at religious.
a.Marked by conspicuous devoutness: a pious and holy observation.
b.Marked by false devoutness; solemnly hypocritical: a pious fraud.
2. Devotional: pious readings.
3. Professing or exhibiting a strict, traditional sense of virtue and morality; high-minded.
4. Commendable; worthy: a pious effort.
I'm unaware of what definition of pious you were referring to. From those definitions, I'd say only #2 fits JW's.

Yes, we do consider ourselves zelous (as in, we preach to people as much as we can), but we don't threaten or hurt people who disagree with us. If you looked yourself, JW's are the most peaceful of people. In fact, all forms of violence are against our religion, including verbal abuse. Whoever threatened you was either not a Jehovah's Witness, a new Jehovah's Witness, or a very..........unbalanced Jehovah's Witness.
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

I still like my religion....
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Good for you.......and what religion is that?
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Andrew... lol, j/k

Cristian (Ya, I murdered the spelling on that)
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

My parents are extremely light christians. I, myself, are what you call an Atheist.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Goat: I was referring to cults in general, not JW's in specific. Living in the crossroads of America (all roads (well, major highways) lead to Indianapolis. If you don't believe me, look at a road map) so we get a lot of queer (old-fashioned sense of the word) folks knocking at the door anywhere from Mexico to Scandanavia. We get suiside cults (Heaven's Gate thang) alien cults (Rael) Satan worshiping occult (the truely freaky ones with eyes almost as scary as Oz's), old women church bingo cults (RUN!!!)... hell, we even have the Klan and their brainchildren here occasionally though that has died down pretty much in the north.

With that in mind, you'll have to understand that most people around here don't take time to play good cop/bad cop with the JW's and Mormons and group 'em with the rest of the crowd.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

wow... i wish i lived where you do... satanists? crazy bingo folk? Klan members? wow... It sure is boring up here in Canada!
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

It sure is.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Well hey, in the US, NO ONE has died of SARS yet as opposed to two dozen people in your country. Maybe if you catch it, your life will become more interesting. Also, the difference in mortality shows just how sucky the "free" Canadian medicare really is. ;)
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

But if you don't have insurance in the US, your dead. It cost less for us to live because of that free medicare. the realon its sucky is because of the lines. the reason there are lines is because our doctors are doing their jobs. Yours don't have to, because no one is going to pay $100 just because they THINK somthings wrong with them.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Uh... 1. Insurance is MANDATORY in the US if you plan on driving, 2. a visit to the doctors office costs 10 dollars, and 3. if you are disabled or in a situation where you are unable to make enough money to pay for medical health, the government will give it to you free anyhow.