Official 2008 Presidential Campain Thread

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
lakerzz8
~Lakerz~Fan~

Post by lakerzz8 »

Obama has a long way to go to be the Democrat's choice for president. Just because he won the Iowa caucus does not mean much...yet.
My stories:Story 1
Story 2

Earn money for free! and get paid TODAY!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7049207.stm

A BBC article for those Europeans hopelessly confused.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

lakerzz8 wrote:Obama has a long way to go to be the Democrat's choice for president. Just because he won the Iowa caucus does not mean much...yet.
Obama is the only hope for a Democrat president. If Clinton is nominated, I guarantee you that a Republican will get the presidency. Most of my Republican friends are hoping that she gets nominated, since it will help their case.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

The more I see-hear of those elections, the more I'm amazed.
Hard to believe that a nation as the USA uses such a complete fake show to elect the president.
Oh my, that Clinton female even had some TEARS in her eyes ....... oh ....
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Yeah, good thing nothing like this has EVER happened in Europe. Next, Clinton will be crying when she's in a heated debate against <strike>Sarkozy</strike> Obama.

(FWIW, people here are calling her "Royal Mk. 2", and she doesn't stand a chance for the same reason...)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

If you want to discuss the European elections, I would also call them idiotic.
Here in Belgium it's almost 6 months after the elections and they even couldn't form a governement yet. We are still under a temporary governement. 6 months (!!!!)

Of course that also happens in Europ, that doesn't diminish the fact that the USA elections are a complete idiotic show.

Next: <strike>Osama</strike> Obama farts on national telly in direct broadcast and wins some 0.05% extra voices.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

dosraider wrote:The more I see-hear of those elections, the more I'm amazed.
Hard to believe that a nation as the USA uses such a complete fake show to elect the president.
It has to do with image. The president serves at head of state as well as head of government, which means we need him (or her) to have a good image.

The rest of the world pretty much equates America to the president (be it that he's on the news or a misunderstanding on how the US government works), so it's important to have a photogenic president.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Indeed - the only thing the president has direct and absolute control over is Foreign Relations - which is why Bush travels constantly. (How many countries has he been to in the past 8 years? 100+, probably) Domestically, Nancy Pelosi and Congress, the Supreme Court, and the executive department heads (Bush's cabinet) wield far more power, but few people outside of the U.S. even know who they are.