A few games questions

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
alban lusitanae

A few games questions

Post by alban lusitanae »

Greetings. I'm a newb here, although I have posted as a guest helping people to accelerate in F117 SF. :)

Anyway, I have a problem with Fighter Bomber. When I choose a mission, I go to arm the plane and then I press END and it returns to mission selection. What is happening? What do I have to do to make it work? I don't understand... Everything is working fine n my DosBox 0.63 and WinXP, no problems there.

Thx
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV shall be fought with sticks and rocks..."
alban lusitanae

Help? :(
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV shall be fought with sticks and rocks..."
alban lusitanae

Well thx anyway... :upset:
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

Why would you be pressing end? Perphaps that is the problem........ :rolleyes:
alban lusitanae

because in amiga, that's how we conclude the armament phase and step to the cockpit.

I tried clicking everywhere on the screen and it just doesn't go on. If you anyone who can help, post here. Thanks. :)
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

I see.......
I've never used amiga before and I'm not famiailer with it. Sorry, I'm the wrong guy to ask. ;)
alban lusitanae

You don't need to be familiar with it :) I just need to know how to pass the damn arming screen. Hope somebody takes it out of the net and helps me out on this one... ;)
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

Could it be that your copy of the game is shareware?
alban lusitanae

not really, it would say so. besides, I took it from the best abandonware site around (no offense to this one, of course) and all games are full, or they are not posted at all.

If you like MK, BTW, may I suggest Moonstone? :)
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

alban lusitanae wrote:not really, it would say so. besides, I took it from the best abandonware site around (no offense to this one, of course) and all games are full, or they are not posted at all.
Dosgames.com does not host abandonware. Only freeware and shareware.

Just so you know.
alban lusitanae

as I said ;) I have a lot of pages that host many freegames, more than are here. I wonder why they don't up the game count :)
alban lusitanae

BTW what's with the dosraider bash? I'm a newb :angel:
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

Dosraider is another member here. Ok, back to the topic. You were saying.......?
alban lusitanae

ok sorry i asked
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

it sounds like you have a corrupt or read only file.. I do suggest trying to remove the readonly option as followed:

1. highlight all the stuff in the folder
2. right click on any file and press properties
3. if read only is checked or is a light grey in color un select it..
4. Appy
5. Retry running the game

IF this fails i should suggest redownloading the game as sometimes abandonware doesnt always work . If you got it from www.the-underdogs.org well this might be the case. If not try that site and see how you go
alban lusitanae

Thx WWK, I'll try and see if that works. BTW, when (amd if) I find what is going on, do you wish me to post it here so that you can add it to a sticker?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Just post your results :)
alban lusitanae

I'm afraid I have bad news to me. :(

Nothing has worked. I even took the game from 5 different sites, one of them being the underdogs, and I can't start the missions. I'm desperate. Soon I'll abandon this game. There is no use. I still have many simulators around... :(
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

It is more that there aren't any missions shipped with the game(rip ?).You can check that in the games folder, missions are stored as *.MSN files.
What you can do is create your own missions.
Choose "DESIGNER" in the main menu.
->select your airbase
->add targets and stuff....(sam/comando/whatever and-or refuel points)
->after you have created your mission select "DISKMENU"->save->drive C->give it a (short!) name.(it will be saved in your games dir)
From then your mission is aviable from the main menu under "USER MISSION"-->>"SELECT"
You can create as many missions as you wish,and share you files with others.

Don't forget to release your wheel brakes, or you will not be able to take off.
alban lusitanae

Well I'l be... :huh: You are absolutely correct! There aren't any! Why in the name of the Gods are The Underdogs providing the game then?! That's piracy! I'll check it out if I make missions or not. Thanks DR.

Don't forget to release your wheel brakes, or you will not be able to take off.

Come on DosRaider, I'm not a newb in flight simulators, I mean... ;) :laugh: Finished almost a dozen of the ancient ones and much of the modern (in fact, my record is ending the EuroFighter 2000 campaign in 6 missions) :)

I just wish this game fighter bombert wasn't so unrealistic, BTW... a bit like F-117 :upset: