excelsior phase one

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.

Post by Guest »

What exactly is the deal with the balloon and the saturnium rock.... do I need to use anything else with them?
Xit (cant register)

Post by Xit (cant register) »

the lapithes site guide should take you most of the way if not all of it, I didn't actually use it so I'm not sure but you can use trial and error from wherever it leaves you, shouldn't take too long :)

that is a good tip Skateypunk, a much quicker way than endlessly reloading and hoping the monster will miss you enough times for you to escape ;)

and the balloon and saturnium rock - you can put the rock in the balloon when you have both things but you must hang onto it. If you use the Lapithes help site map http://www.geocities.com/lapithes/lysandiamap.html you can leave the balloon and rock near the point marked Sterling Summit (near the north west coast) and it'll become useful later.

One thing worth remembering is that excelsior will freely let you screw things up so you cant complete the game later, just fortunatelty there's not too many ways to screw it up
Xit (cant register)

Re: HELP ME

Post by Xit (cant register) »

cheetahchyk94 wrote:do you know the anwser to this one, there is 1 out of 2 things that make people sick but it doesnt exist what is it ?

HINT:there is only 4 characters :shame: :Angry: :wow:
is that the original wording? HALF comes to mind...

Post by Guest »

What do I do on the yellow floor in ironhead? I have the clock and key but nothing seems to happen when I wind it.........help?
multi_coder

Post by multi_coder »

I have managed to get the green, and red amults + the forestry axe but can find bobab tree where is it?

I also can't figure out how to level up how do I do that? (sorry about the stupid question but I can't figure it out.
Any Infomation would be appresiated.
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

To level up, there is a room in Castle Excelsior (not sure which castle, but IIRC it is excelsior). It has a line of people behind a table, you talk to them and they tell you it is time to be promoted (Assuming you have enough EXP)

The baob tree is in the middle of a big forest maze. Can't remember where exactly, but if you see a big clump of trees, try picking your way to the middle.

Sorry I can't be of much help, it's been at least a decade since I played Excelsior.
multi_coder

Post by multi_coder »

that was very helpful thank you very much.
Did you play the dos version or the win 95/98/2000 version?
HexMaster

Post by HexMaster »

I got to the yellow square in Keep Ironthread, wound the clock, and used the clock. What numbers do I set it to? And then what?

Also, lapithes's map is cut off. What IS there is the right way, you'll just have to figure it out after you get to point G...if anyone needs the exact path I'll map it out :)

Post by Guest »

Multi Coder,

The baobab tree is located in a Mountain range north of Castle Infinitum.
Look for a brown tree.

Post by Guest »

Hey, HexMaster, it looks like it's been about 20 days since you posted, so I don't know if you've figured it out or not, but I'll put it anyway. If you go to the monster city, Grethal I think it's called, and talk to the monster's while you have the Magic Ear, one of them will tell you a story and give you the word CAVENGBAR. The clock has numbers 1 to 13 on it. You need to set the clock in order of the word CAVENGBAR. So letter A would equal one, B=2, C=3 and so on till you get to M=13, then you start over with N=1, O=2, P=3, and so on. (I guess I could have just given you the correct number sequence, but where's the fun it that? :D)
Lothiack

Post by Lothiack »

Funny... i tried 3195***** that i thought was the correct answer but nothing hapenned. Any clue?
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

For God's sake, this topic is over a year old! Let it die already!
Lothiack

Post by Lothiack »

No.

If you're not going to help at least don't get on the way.
thanks.
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

And what can a lousy guest like you do to me? I can brake your neck and knock you out cold :karate:
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

The topic is still relevant, so why should it die?
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

The topic is still relevant, so why should it die?

Post by Guest »

Lothiack, did you wind the clock every time or did you try to enter all the numbers at once? (Actually, now that I think about it, you can only enter one number at a time.) Maybe you just mis-counted or something.
Lothiack

Post by Lothiack »

Well, I tried the combination one number at a time, many times. I think that I've done something wrong past in the game and now I just can't get the sword. Maybe if I replay the game doing everything right it will accept the code. I double checked the code right now and it seems correct. :suspicious:
confused

excelsior phase one baloon

Post by confused »

how do I get the baloon and stone to work correctly? I know I need lightning, where and when do I get it and apply it? thanks

Post by Guest »

anyone remember how to get into keep ironthread?