excelsior phase one

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
Xit

Post by Xit »

IMPORTANT: the password clue is CAVENGBER
Xit

Post by Xit »

One last clue:
Go Clockwise
Xit

Post by Xit »

Moving on, sadly I can't say Phase 2 is anywhere near as good, you can now download it as shareware at http://www.nwlink.com/~dberke/ex2.htm
Sadly it seems rather like a bad imitation of Ultima VI, it's nowhere near as open or expansive as Phase 1, the interface is awkward and the dialogue mostly pointless...

enjoy Phase 1 while you have it...

(ps: did anyone ever find a use for the music skill?)
Capn

Post by Capn »

Wow that was pretty abstract... Thanks for the clues Xit... I doubt I ever woulda done that on my own...
cheetahchyk94

HELP ME

Post by cheetahchyk94 »

do you know the anwser to this one, there is 1 out of 2 things that make people sick but it doesnt exist what is it ?

HINT:there is only 4 characters :shame: :Angry: :wow:

Post by Guest »

I don't remember this puzzle, my only suggestion right now is 'mind'

best just try lots of 4 letter words for things that don't exist I think...

Post by Guest »

I doesen't look like anybody has posted for a while, so I don't know if I'll get a response, but here goes. I sent the balloon and saturnium rock up early in the game. When I used the lightning scroll later in the game (when I found out what the rock did) nothing happened. I was not able to get the other half of the password from the noble. I managed to get into Ironthread anyway. I have seen other people write that they wind their clock with a key. Should I have kept Karth Whitlaw's key? Or would I have gotten some other key from the noble in the Castle if I made it rain? Am I going to have to start new and make sure to get the saturnium struck by lightning?
grrrr

Post by grrrr »

ok, i'm in the top floor of ironthread on the tiles.. yeah... annoying!! From what i can remember from playing this years ago is theres no use for the magic skill. The recipe in varbel's almanac is: Dragon Tears, Chimney Soot Black Ice, Liquid Light.

Post by Guest »

can some please put me out of my misery and just give me the varbels almanac recipe
:cry:

Post by Guest »

that wipful guy made little to no sence so what is te answer

Post by Guest »

what are the ingredients to the elixer

Post by Guest »

You seem very frustrated :Angry: Thankfully I am here to help. I normally wouldn't help, but since this game frustrated me I guess I can relate to how you feel. See if this will ease your pain. The ingredients are Dragon Tears, Liquid Light, Chimney Soot, and Black Ice. Let me know if this helps you at all. ^_^

Post by Guest »

yeah but he just tells me it would make a sludge or something almost like he wants more ingredients :(

Post by Guest »

can anyone help me ? i dont know what to do with those eye stones :angel:

Post by Guest »

You take the eyestones down into Dungeon Draxen. You shold find a giant head type thing. When you walk up to the counter just use the eyestones and you should get the Gem of Severance. Hope this helps :)

Post by Guest »

Maybe you should try entering the ingredients in the order they are in the almanac? The order in the almanac is dragon tears, chimney soot, black ice, liquid light. After you tell him liquid light he should tell you that you have to get it in a special glass jar. Has he told you this? Once he does you need to find Alexsis, who will make the jar for you. Then you need to find the liquid light, it is in the Forgotten Pits (I think) :laugh:

Post by Guest »

thanks great help happy gaming
Xit (cant register)

Post by Xit (cant register) »

you dont really need the Elixer, my character (scholar) was tough enough not to need it at the end...

I had the problem with the saturnium rock and the balloon too years ago (hence me only finishing the game recently ;)

you do indeed need the key from one of the nobles to wind a clock in keep Ironthead (and make sure it's a regular clock not a magic one)

*spoilers*

Other tips: make sure you talk to everyone while you have the monster ear (you might have to go back or even start again to get it) :( and consider the clock...

Post by Guest »

can anyone help me i'm stuck in ironthread is there a trick to finding a way through the maze i've looked at that lapiths site but it doesnt take me all the way :huh:
Skateypunk

Post by Skateypunk »

I dont know if any1 has posted this yet or not but anyway heres a good way to cheat. when ur in battle with a strong monster save (Alt+S) then restore your game (Alt+R) and when u restore u will get two moves instead of 1 so u hit the monster once and then save and restore hit the monster again then save and restore and keep repeating yeah it takes a while but good if ur low on health