excelsior phase one

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
Jadin

Post by Jadin »

sorry for the bump, but I just got back into this game and have beaten it a few times.
I'm planning on writing a faq/walkthru for this game, but in the meantime, if anyone needs any more hints, just IM me at qxvg. I also have a hotmail email account (hooddw2).
But I just found these forums on google so I probably won't be checking back here too often.

cya =)
Lord_Davius

Seamanship

Post by Lord_Davius »

I just started the game a few days ago, and I know that Seamanship can be learned in Farborogh, but from whom? No one seems to teach it!
France is miserable because it is filled with Frenchmen, and Frenchmen are miserable because they live in France.
-Mark Twain
Baobab

Post by Baobab »

You should defenitely do that FAQ/Walkthrough Jadin! This game is a serious challenge sometimes, despite it actually beeing older than me :huh:
If you actually go ahead with it and need help, count me in.
:thumbsup:

Edit:
I solved my initial riddle-problem, but will/may keep editing this post as new problems arise and/or I figure out tricky parts...

! Possibly spoilers below !

Keep Flare:
Ok I solved the riddle in Keep Flare. For others in need lets just leave some hints:

A score equals 20, and a dozen equals 12. Read the signs clockwise to make the whole riddle...

Seamanship:
First speak to a purple dude in Widdlenix, then speak to the woman in Borinthia he points you to... THEN you can go see Caspian at the shipwrights in Farborough.
Franknozly

Post by Franknozly »

I got to the bottom part of Intungo Dungeon but I don't know the answer to the watchman's question...

Anyone know it or know where I can get it?
"What say you to the current state of our affairs?"

Please help :(

*Edit
Just realized the guy in the forest hut.. hote I think gives you the answer. It's...

victory
mosc

Post by mosc »

wanted to reply to this thread again. It's been quite a few years! I originally posted here in October 04.

Anyway, I posted my email in this thread and ever since every few months I get emails from people asking for help. Well, after a few years, I finally got around to making a FAQ. It just got posted on gamefaqs. I still have a lot of work I want to do on it but it does have a full walkthrough and a bunch of other stuff including the solutions to all the puzzles. I thought somebody who finds this thread (They have for over 3 years now) might want to know. I used gamefaqs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 1725/51018
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Nice one, mosc, I have added the link in the first topic post.
:thumbsup:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Getafix

Post by Getafix »

lil'help.

I can't get any further then the Royal Keep. I played it a couple of years ago and couldn't get any furthen then either. It's a pain in the...

I'm to the point where I have collected the message from Sebastian of the Resistance and entered the Royal Keep. Through the first levle, through the trick room, and into the 3rd levle. Picked up the scroll. I can find my way down to the lower screen through the hidden doors, but I can't find the way through all those doors that are set into the concrete block.
I have opened all the doors that I can get to in the concrete but I cant find any way through them.

How does one get through those bloody doors in the concrete mass, to get to the next ladder?
mosc

Post by mosc »

I sent you a picture. Basically you didn't look carefully enough for secret doors in that cement block.
Hmott

Hote

Post by Hmott »

Wow I feel like a noob asking this :shame: but.... I can't get to Hote the woodsman!!! I looked and I can't find a path to him, unless there's some way to move diagonally. Or maybe there's some way to cut down trees or something?

Don't know if anyone will anwser, since nobody's posted since december.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

mosc wrote:wanted to reply to this thread again. It's been quite a few years! I originally posted here in October 04.

Anyway, I posted my email in this thread and ever since every few months I get emails from people asking for help. Well, after a few years, I finally got around to making a FAQ. It just got posted on gamefaqs. I still have a lot of work I want to do on it but it does have a full walkthrough and a bunch of other stuff including the solutions to all the puzzles. I thought somebody who finds this thread (They have for over 3 years now) might want to know. I used gamefaqs

Hit that link?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
mosc

Post by mosc »

I read the thread every few weeks or so... feel free to write me an email if you can't figure it out. The FAQ should have the answers you need though

BTW: Version 1.3 is going up today which includes a full list of spell locations and a useful list of uber items ;)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

THX for the followup, Mosc.

Me thinks this topic should be stickied ..... hmmmm, is a sticky one (for now).
:)
mosc

Post by mosc »

Version 1.4 Now up... I finally solved the mystery of Mortimer. His skull and the spell (found deep in the forgotten pits) Mortimer's Pinpoint Relocation (PR) combine to give you a means of a mark and recall type spell. Drop the skull somewhere on the over world and walk away. Next, cast the PR spell and you'll warp back from anywhere!

Also I found the other lightning wand which is totally awesome so I had to update for that.

Unless somebody wants to add something or I get a question that's not covered, that will be my last update for a while. I finally got all the sections filled and whatnot.

enjoy!
-mosc
gavindaron

Post by gavindaron »

The game provides a number of quests and side-quests designed to bring your character closer to completing the goal of liberating Lysandia.
WhiteTyger88

Royal Keep Drama

Post by WhiteTyger88 »

Hi. Hey, I know this thread is a bit older, but hoping someone's still around that's played this. I did use Mosc's walkthrough, but am unable to find (I'm guessing) the LAST hidden / "inspect"-able wall / secret door on the level after the "dark" level. I saw the cleric that does not want to talk to you, got the scroll from the top of the area, worked my way completely around to the far lower right corner, and have searched what i thought was every block in the area map (because i juct could not penetrate the "stone" area, or get to the trees, OR find the $^(&% next ldder. If anyone could clarify or send me a ss of the opened area, i would greatly appreciate it. I have tried some of the older links to no avail, and this forum was the best I found while doing a bunch of web searching. (so much effort for such an outdated game, ha)
Man's best friend, outside of a dog, is a book.

(Inside of one, of course, is too dark to read)

WhiteTyger88