Tristan Pinball - High Scores

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
straker20

Post by straker20 »

Hello everyone.

I am a lover of old DOS games and use the DOS BOX emulator.

I often play Tristan Pinball (pinball) - I would like to know how to reset the High Scores - present since I downloaded it and which reports very high values. I tried to see if there is a configuration file, it exists but they do not erase. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!
S.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I am not familiar with this game, but it would make sense to check if any files in the game folder are marked as read-only.
straker20

Post by straker20 »

Hi, no there are no read-only files, only configuration files and various libraries...
straker20

Post by straker20 »

the game if anyone wants to help me is downloadable from this site - sure - thank you!
site:
snipped ~MrFlibble
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I'm sorry, but it's against the rules to link to, or mention, abandonware websites here. Please consider asking your question at the site where you downloaded this game.
straker20

Post by straker20 »

In fact I didn't write the link in full but just the name... however the site from which I downloaded it does not lend advice. That's why I asked for help at this DEDICATED forum...
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

straker20 wrote: That's why I asked for help at this DEDICATED forum...
We are not dedicated to software piracy, in fact its discussion is explicitly prohibited by the rules. Nor do we provide tech support for games that might have possibly been tampered with by crackers and/or pirates. To the best of my knowledge, Tristan Pinball is not freeware or public domain, and we cannot possibly take any responsibility or have knowledge of how the game was modified to circumvent copy protection, or changed in any other way before you obtained by means of downloading from that site. Only the people over there know, so we cannot help.
straker20

Post by straker20 »

Hacking?? Piracy??

1) the game is freeware so much so that it is freely downloadable from the well-known site: Abandoware..

2) I asked for help in this dedicated section just to know how to reset the high score...

do without dedicating a section to help if you are unable to comply with it.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

straker20 wrote: Hacking?? Piracy??

1) the game is freeware so much so that it is freely downloadable from the well-known site
I have found no information about the game being freeware. A Macintosh version is sold as shareware:
http://www.littlewingpinball.com/doc/en ... index.html
straker20 wrote: do without dedicating a section to help if you are unable to comply with it.
You are not entitled to tell us how to run the site or the forums. Please remember, you are a guest here, and kindly behave accordingly.