Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday Help

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
elgarDOS

Post by elgarDOS »

Hello all, new to forum!

I have recently picked up playing Buck Rogers, Countdown to Doomsday (PC) during the pandemic.

I loved this game back in the 90's.

Back then, I could never find an answer, and it seems even now, no one can help me..... so here I am.

in 12,14 S (the maiposa mission), I find a room which asks for a password. I have attached a screenshot.

There are no walkthroughs, hints, or anything on the internet with what to enter as the correct response.

Can anyone help me?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-05-12 11-25-38.png
Screenshot from 2020-05-12 11-25-38.png (151.87 KiB) Viewed 4719 times
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Mariposa password: 'Bastille' - password got from a parrot in the Mercury Merchants area, provided one of your characters has a 'befriend animals' skill.

Pretty unknown game to me, as I did not play rpg:s at the time it came out.
However, there are manuals are available online at some sites; unsure if I should link one here, PM if you need; this info came from the hint book.

Oddly, it seems GoG has not picked up on these yet, but it is in their users wishlists, could be a licensing problem.
Last edited by Rwolf on Wed May 13, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
elgarDOS

Post by elgarDOS »

Ahhh!! That totally makes sense. I never used that ability, and all I could get the parrot to do was bite me. Thank you!

Mystery solved.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I got an ok by 'emmzee' to say that the relevant manuals are available at www.replacementdocs.com (search for the game name, and you will find about 4 documents scanned)

It's kind of odd to make an rpg where you can freely select skills like the one mentioned, and not have an alternate way to get past the obstacle or giving hints of what is needed; the hint book was sold separately I think, not part of the original game manuals, it contains lots of spoilers for the game, so it should really be used with one eye closed...