Fade to black save games or cheat codes

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
kameradoktorn

Post by kameradoktorn »

Hello!

I´ve been replaying fade to black on dosbox and it´s actually quite fun. However, it´s really hard and I´m at the infamous pyramid, level 5, now, and... You die from so many things (the turrets mostly because you can´t avoid them) and after I did most of the level I had to look at a walkthrough to see how to solve it, and I know that I have to run around a lot more (through turret areas) and because there are no energy rechargers (all blue beams are taken) I know that I wont make it and... I know I have to restart and redo the level but I can´t be bothered to replay it again, I don´t have the stamina.

Sooo.... extreeeeme longshot, but.. do anyone have any save game files of the level past the pyramid (or preferably, past the spaceship level)?? I know that as a child I never made it past this level (no internet walkthroughs back then :) ) and it would feel good to complete the game 25 years later, but I just can´t stand that damn level, hehe.

I looked up cheat codes but there seem to be only for playstation. I also actually tried a trainer through dosbox, and it got me into the game but when I was about to start the cheats, it crashed dosbox, probably because they do memory hacking and stuff :)

So I know this thread will probably never get an answer, but here´s hoping that one day in the far future, someone out there in cyberspace is playing f2b and killing it, and decides to google if anyone needs any help :)

Thanks!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I have this game, but I can't recall playing it much; maybe I found it too difficult at the time.
I'll check, but honestly I don't think I have any useful savegames, unfortunately.

---

edit: checked, but did not find anything saved from this game. The computer I played it on in 1996 is long gone, and I have no recollection of getting off the first prison area even. One reason being the kbd controls were not printed in the manual, but instead was supposedly on the back of the CD jewelcase; mine (European) however was empty, so I think I gave up while guessing keys.

(Luckily I saw the US Jewel case cover at MobyGames has the controls readable, so I installed it in DOSBox to see if it was still playable, and well...it feels and looks a bit clunkier than any other FPS I've played, but then it was one of the early ones, so I'll allow for this. The protagonists head looks more boxy than Krytens in Red Dwarf.)
Last edited by Rwolf on Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kameradoktorn

Post by kameradoktorn »

Hey, thanks for replying, thought this topic would stay at 0 forever :)

And yes, haha, the controls are horrible. This time around though I went with joy2key and made a layout on my gamepad that actually felt good.

Yeah, it is very clunky, a fair comparison would be to the first tomb raider I guess, and I think they both are weird to control in their own ways. But having replayed both recently now, I actually enjoyed fade 2 black more, the environments and puzzles just felt more interesting :)