Totally stuck for about 30 years now at Kirsta, KCA1 game

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
dorien

Totally stuck for about 30 years now at Kirsta, KCA1 game

Post by dorien »

This text-based adventure game from Kirsta has been haunting me for 30 years now. I've gotten quite far, but I'm stuck.

Who wants to give it a go and see if they can get further?

find kca1.exe in the patience folder here: http://drupalfun.com/sites/default/files/kirsta.rar.

So far I've found:

- fill the water flask in the palace to get through the desert
- go se se in the forest to discover the cave with the platinum ring

But:
- how to find the rest of the stuff
- do I go in the sea?
- how do I deal with the dog in the store?
- how to light the lamp to enter the second cave? Can't figure out the damn command
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

getting http error 403: access forbidden
dorien

Post by dorien »

Sorry for that! The link is now working again...
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Thanks, I'll try it out.

(This game was not on Mobygames, so I'll probably add it later. The company is closed down since 2002, but the owner might still be around, but probably not making games nowadays)

Added this game bundle now:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/patience-games
Last edited by Rwolf on Mon May 14, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I have played a bit, I did not map out the forest yet; it seems the savegame can get corrupted there when I tried, so I stayed out of it for now.

Don't know about the sea/sharks, I have found a ships bell, but no way of knowing if it is related to sea travel, as it had a strange effect. It might be for something else entirely, possibly a bell-book-candle puzzle which are common.

The dog was a danger, but I had an idea that worked out; you need another furry friend to help you. Getting the treasure from the shop requires doing things in the right order, so I'll have to retrace some steps before completing this I think.

The lamp: examine & read the lamp, and you will find out it is a magic brass lamp.
As with all magic lamps, just rub it.

(My current progress: got the Golden Sceptre & Diamond Orb)

----

edit: I now have the 'Thick forest' (mainly a 3x3 irregularly looped maze) mapped completely, and have found the platinum ring. Still have the far end of the green valley to explore, and perhaps try to map out the desert; you'll die of thirst quickly so it won't need to be very large.

It seems the forest makes one of the vital characters disappear permanently, so the correct order of actions need to be followed to prevent that, at least until the characters useful deed is completed.

I still haven't figured out what the pub/bar bell is good for...apart from announcing the closing hour of the bar - I suspect there must be some other use for it.

----

cheers!
dorien

Post by dorien »

Oh I totally missed your reply. I'm gonna try this tonight.

The dog was a danger, but I had an idea that worked out; you need another furry friend to help you. Getting the treasure from the shop requires doing things in the right order, so I'll have to retrace some steps before completing this I think.
>> the cat from the forrest cave? I haven't been able to take her though, she even rips the glove to shreds.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

The cat needs feeding.
dorien

Post by dorien »

Alright, so far got the Orb, sword, and ring.

Not sure what to feed the cat yet...
dorien

Post by dorien »

It's quite easy to go through the dessert, if you drink water using the flask (which you'll need to fill first).
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I haven't played it further, no gaming time until later on, but I recall there was some food in the castle kitchen - not too tasty, but the cat liked it.
dorien

Post by dorien »

Interesting will check it out. Somehow I found myself in a cave (can't remember how I last got there when saving the game), found an orb and a locked roof door upwards. But no way to get out of the caves anymore, huh :)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

The locked door over the ladder is a (one-way) trapdoor, it can open from the other side and is an alternate way into the cave.

You found your way into the cave from the green valley, I assume.

To get back into the valley from below the trapdoors location (Low Passage) go:
S (Narrow Crawl), S (Divide), SW (Wide Passage), S (Cave Entrance), Down (Green Valley).

I usually make maps for these kind of games, since it makes it easier to pick up again after a break.