cheating in dos with real dos utilities

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
danrevella

cheating in dos with real dos utilities

Post by danrevella »

When I play a dos games, usually, even if I run it in a virtual machine, I like re-create the dos-magic, so I refuse to use win utilty to cheat a dos game..
Cheat Engine or Artmoney may do the job, but I wanna utilize only dos programs, as it was in the past....
The best dos memory cheating utilty are the follows:
1) Game Wizard 32 by Ray Hsu and Gerald Rickman
2) Fix people expert
3) Infinity Machine by Rem Software

All these programs does work in pure dos environment (and also under emulators)
Game Wizard is also able to save the state of a game, and then restore later, even if you have reboot your computer.
In 90 years I remember: I was NOT able in finish even one game without Game Wizard.... ;-)
((°J°)) peace & love
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

I was in a similar position. :) At some point you grow up and realize that (a) you can beat most games without cheating, (b) it's more fun without cheating.

I do cheat from time to time in old DOS games when I play them just for fun. Usually they have enough built-in cheats to make external utilities unnecessary.

There are some games that are downright cruel and I just didn't want to spend my time to properly "beat them", but I just wanted to see all the levels / the ending so I cheat in them.

I did use GameWizard Pro, and it was really awesome, but it did have compatibility problems on certain newer machines, that I couldn't get around (don't remember the details anymore).
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

"I don't like to cheat, I just like to role-play as a bulletproof billionaire superhero." ;)
danrevella

Post by danrevella »

I remember that training videogames was the REAL game for me...... ;-)
I remember how in dos I used Turbo Debugger in conjunction with GameWizard.
Those were then days.....
((°J°)) peace & love